Of Revolutionaries and Cinders

Delicious friends, I have two questions regarding our discontented faction and a certain distinctly colored cave.

1. Can I request a ray-drenched cinder using Revolutionaries connection twice? This Hallowmas season has given me a generous amount connections with them and I’m a few levels away from being able to cash in two ciders (one for the cave while the other one is for memento purposes).

If so…

1. What is the easiest means of raising Revolutionaries connection (action-wise)? I’m currently grinding my connections with them through the University’s &quotterm passing&quot carousel.

There’s always blowing stuff up in the Flit. If you’re willing to play it out a bit, you could always use the Revolutionaries vs. Rubbery Men conflict card to boost it up over time.

You can obtain as many Cinders as you like as long as you are at Route: the Cave of the Nadir 2. It’s good cash. I made 6 or 8 as I recall.

The cycle: (pence values assume selling all output)
169 turns &quotA public lecture&quot → +169 suspicion, +2535 C:Rev, +2535 C:Boh, +2535 C:Soc
42 1/4 turns &quotRookery predator&quot → -169 suspicion (Need to be able to debuff Shadowy to a lowish level)
(occasionally alternate the above two to keep suspicion under control)
once per cycle(5 turns) &quotA favour from the Factotum&quot → +Ray-Drenched Cinder -2535 C:Rev → +31250 Pence
21 1/8 turns &quotCall on your Bohemian friends to return a favour&quot → +2535 Honey -2535 C:Boh → +5070 Pence
21 1/8 turns &quotA boon from a Lady-in-Waiting&quot → +2535 GF1882, -2535 C:Soc → +5070 Pence
nets:
253 1/2 turns for 41390p ~= 163.3 ppa. (plus 169 Watchful and 42 1/4 Shadowy stats)
If you value honey or wine more than sale value(I do) then this method is even better than 163.3 ppa.
As a whole the above cycle balances out to no net change in suspicion or to any of the three Connected: qualities.

I wish that changing outfits for &quotRookery Predator&quot were less annoying. I suppose you could also say that this is not repeatable forever because you’ll eventually level your shadowy to be too high.

The above is for maximum ppa for an apples-to-apples comparison; in practice I accumulated Bohemian and Society faction rather than selling honey and wine.

It’ll be even more efficient this week if you make appropriate confessions rather than using rookery. I also think Ablution Solution may be better than Rookery but I didn’t find that back before I finished off the Nadir quest.

Ah yes, there’s nothing like dynamite to impress the dynamite faction. Thanks for the advice kind sir.
I might not be able to raise enough Rubbery Men CP to even get that conflict card given that my character tend to collect rubbery items off of them.

[quote=Noren]You can obtain as many Cinders as you like as long as you are at Route: the Cave of the Nadir 2. It’s good cash. I made 6 or 8 as I recall.

The cycle: (pence values assume selling all output)
169 turns &quotA public lecture&quot → +169 suspicion, +2535 C:Rev, +2535 C:Boh, +2535 C:Soc
42 1/4 turns &quotRookery predator&quot → -169 suspicion (Need to be able to debuff Shadowy to a lowish level)
(occasionally alternate the above two to keep suspicion under control)
once per cycle(5 turns) &quotA favour from the Factotum&quot → +Ray-Drenched Cinder -2535 C:Rev → +31250 Pence
21 1/8 turns &quotCall on your Bohemian friends to return a favour&quot → +2535 Honey -2535 C:Boh → +5070 Pence
21 1/8 turns &quotA boon from a Lady-in-Waiting&quot → +2535 GF1882, -2535 C:Soc → +5070 Pence
nets:
253 1/2 turns for 41390p ~= 163.3 ppa. (plus 169 Watchful and 42 1/4 Shadowy stats)
If you value honey or wine more than sale value(I do) then this method is even better than 163.3 ppa.
As a whole the above cycle balances out to no net change in suspicion or to any of the three Connected: qualities.

I wish that changing outfits for &quotRookery Predator&quot were less annoying. I suppose you could also say that this is not repeatable forever because you’ll eventually level your shadowy to be too high.

The above is for maximum ppa for an apples-to-apples comparison; in practice I accumulated Bohemian and Society faction rather than selling honey and wine.

It’ll be even more efficient this week if you make appropriate confessions rather than using rookery. I also think Ablution Solution may be better than Rookery but I didn’t find that back before I finished off the Nadir quest.[/quote]

This is an interesting carousel. What is your gear to unlock the Rookery Predator level? My Shadowy is a bit high.

If I’m not mistaken, you can still trade in five Eyeless Skulls for a Cinder. That’s how I obtained mine despite having completed the Cave of Nadir storylet.

Albeit, I did this back when you could discard you hand. I imagine it cannot be much fun holding that many skull cards at one time.

Well, I haven’t done this in quite a while as I outleveled shadowy (and finished the quest.) I was perhaps well suited for this one as I leveled watchful early and shadowy late. I used the Talkative Rattus Faber and various other -shadowy gear toward the end.

Though it wasn’t how I did it back in the day, I’d recommend trying it with Instant Ablution Absolution. I suspect it’d still be quite profitable in spite of the cost, maybe even more profitable than with Rookery if you get more -15 suspicion results from the solution than -1.

31250 Pence for 2535 faction points is such a very good deal that you can afford to spend some to get there.

Delicious friends, after conducting various lectures and the unexplained destruction of certain statues all over London (which I totally have no connection to by the way), I’m finally a Demagogue of the Revolutionaries at Connected 151.

Thank you for your awesome advice.

Please note that I only bought a case full of Nikolas & Sons Instant Ablution Absolution to clean up the stains that my cats left at the couch. Yeah, that’s it, cat stains.
edited by Pyrodinium on 11/4/2015

Hey, congratulations on the achievement! There aren’t a lot of demagogues in the Neath, since it’s one of the harder connections to grind. If I remember the math correctly, the most efficient way to do it is holding public lectures and then clearing Suspicion via social actions, so you took the right route. I went into some detail here if you’re still interested.
edited by Cedric Appleby on 11/4/2015

Thanks! I find it quite a remarkable coincidence that I was reading your post about Connection Revolutionaries when you replied here.

[quote=Cedric Appleby]Hey, congratulations on the achievement! There aren’t a lot of demagogues in the Neath, since it’s one of the harder connections to grind. If I remember the math correctly, the most efficient way to do it is holding public lectures and then clearing Suspicion via social actions, so you took the right route. I went into some detail here if you’re still interested.
edited by Cedric Appleby on 11/4/2015[/quote]

I’m nowhere near the demagoguiest demagogue (since Cedric has what, 1200?) but I just noticed that my Connected: Revolutionaries was at 210 or so! Hallowmas and earning suspicion via public lectures really boosted it – but I think most of it was actually from just taking the more profitable option on &quotAmber in the Well&quot over and over. Revolutionaries is so much more profitable to cash in (for Cinders or better yet, Proscribed Material) than any other Connected quality that I keep stockpiling it without much of a deliberate grind! But metasynthie, you say, it’s so hard to draw Calling in Favours in the Flit! Welll… that’s unlikely to last forever. ;)