Notability

I’m just curious - I became notable, and, at long last, gained an advanced profession. Is it still worth pursing notability now, or is that only for gaining a profession? I only ask because it’s expensive to get hold of…
[li]
edited by cyberpunkdreams on 10/23/2013

For the moment, no.

Notability is used only to gain an Advanced Profession and for that you only need 2.

edited by Owen Wulf on 10/23/2013

The Unsigned Message card has two other uses for Notability. There’s a Notability challenge that gives you a Surprise Package without costing your Notability success or fail (but one level only gives you 10% on the check) Alternately, if you’ve got a Notability 2 profession you can exchange all your Notability for stats: one level of stats per level of Notability.

The second one might be a decent option if you get one level of Notability at a time and get lucky enough to draw the card before you lose it. Plus, you get to lick the Bazaar.
[li]
edited by Aspeon on 10/23/2013

Bazaar licking, crazy! Thanks for the info though.

And would anybody have a spare point for me? I misclicked and got mine back to 0 (but a Persuasive to 211), and the Amanuensis is in hiding once again…

[li]
I can send you a spare point. I seem to be collecting them so sending one your way is no problem. Please expect a calling card from Sardonyx shortly.[/li][li]
[/li][li]Note sent. Now to wait for the Amanuensis to show up or to get my MW high enough that I can summon him. I’ll get the notability over to you as soon as I can.[/li][li]
edited by Quixoticcat on 2/25/2014

In terms of uses of Notability, isn’t it also necessary to have Notability 5 to advance your POSI status (look in unfinished business)?

Also, if you want an upgrade your lodgings at the Bazaar, Brass Embassy or Royal Bethlehem motel you need Notability 9 or 10 I think (don’t quote me on that one).

Now that we don’t lose a point of Notability every week I have been slowly but surely raising it in case I want a lodgings upgrade or something else interesting emerges that needs Notability.

I had the card and have sent a point of Notability your way. [quote=Evariste S. Crumbledon]And would anybody have a spare point for me? I misclicked and got mine back to 0 (but a Persuasive to 211), and the Amanuensis is in hiding once again…[/quote]

[li]

And thank you kindly @ladyciel. Expect a little something when I find my way to the Square of Lofty Words.