Noob questions (Dreams, Stormy-Eyed in ASOSC, etc)

1. Is there any use for raising recurring dreams? (Other than the narrative atmosphere, which is precious on its own, of course.)

2. Can someone PM or give echo links to success/failure in &quotAsk the manager to make it rain&quot (Stormy-Eyed option at the end of tracking him in A state of some confusion), please?

3. Is there a general thread for fanart here somewhere? Can’t find it. (Restless hands. Hungry eyes. I’m making a list and checking it twice.)
    edited by JaneAnkhVeos on 4/22/2019

[quote=JaneAnkhVeos]1) Is there any use for raising recurring dreams? (Other than the narrative atmosphere, which is precious on its own, of course.)

1. Can someone PM or give echo links to success/failure in &quotAsk the manager to make it rain&quot (Stormy-Eyed option at the end of tracking him in A state of some confusion), please?

2. Is there a general thread for fanart here somewhere? Can’t find it. (Restless hands. Hungry eyes. I’m making a list and checking it twice.)
    edited by JaneAnkhVeos on 4/22/2019[/quote]

One of the Dream qualities needs to be at a specific level to enable a player who has reached Person of Some Importance status to obtain a particular Faction item. That’s the only use of the Dream qualities that comes to mind for me.

I cannot adequately answer #2 & #3, but as for your first question there - I know that there’s a certain trait, which is a component of ‘A Person Of Some Importance: A Paramount Presence’, which has three options for obtaining it.

The first option to obtain that trait involves having all three of the top-tier lodgings, the second option involves having a spouse, but the third option involves Having Recurring Dreams: Death By Water at 10+, and the other dreams at 15+.
(Mechanically, you can choose whichever of the three you like and either of them will get you to the same place. But there is a use for Recurring Dreams other than the bit Cathyr19355 has mentioned.)

Note: Although Stormy-Eyed is associated with Having Recurring Dreams: What the Thunder Said, it is not a required component of the thing I’m referring to.

Stormy-Eyed and What the Thunder Said are also necessary to access a particular unusual location, which also happens to be where you can reap the rewards of hitting 40 renown with the urchins.

Thank you!
(Received PMs to №2, too.)

[quote=Kittenpox]I cannot adequately answer #2 & #3, but as for your first question there - I know that there’s a certain trait, which is a component of ‘A Person Of Some Importance: A Paramount Presence’, which has three options for obtaining it.

The first option to obtain that trait involves having all three of the top-tier lodgings, the second option involves having a spouse, but the third option involves Having Recurring Dreams: Death By Water at 10+, and the other dreams at 15+.
(Mechanically, you can choose whichever of the three you like and either of them will get you to the same place. But there is a use for Recurring Dreams other than the bit Cathyr19355 has mentioned.)

Note: Although Stormy-Eyed is associated with Having Recurring Dreams: What the Thunder Said, it is not a required component of the thing I’m referring to.[/quote]

I should have recalled the Paramount Presence use you mention, since I finished that content not so long ago! Thanks for pointing it out.