Nex Problems

I Used an american express card to purchase 280 nex yesterday for 50 american dollars ( thereby making this a first world problem) and i have yet to actually receive the nex. The friend whose card i used said that they got a call that the transaction went through, but my nex has yet to appear. I was wondering if anyone else has had these sort of problems before, or if I’m just being impatient.
edited by Jules Asimov on 1/5/2014

Hmm - how exactly did you purchase it? I’ve been using American Express with no problem on the interface directly on the Nex page.

I clicked 280, entered the card number, entered the cvv, entered the expiration date, ticked the box, and bought it. Then it thanked me for my purchase and told me there was a problem with the transaction.
I’d leave it be, but my friend said that he was called to confirm purchase, so that may mean that they took his money ( and, in turn the money i gave him) and just left me with nothing.
Oh, and it was all on the fallen london page for buying Nex.

Huh. That’s unusual. You’d be best off taking this up with Alexis, I believe.

How long was the wait?
Not that I have experience paying directly with a card - always a debitcard-paypal-superrewards-failbetter chain. But I have once experienced an 8-hour wait on that, and a shorter several-hour wait on another instance. And on several occasions almost no wait. It might be worth contacting failbetter support, throught the email referenced on the Nex tab.

It has officially been 24 hours as of now.
Not of me buying the product, but of me sending the message telling them about the problem to the email that I copy-pasted from the Nex page .[li]

On any of the times I’ve used a credit card for Nex, it’s been immediately added - well under 10 seconds, every time. Something’s wrong for you.

[quote=Jules Asimov]It has officially been 24 hours as of now.
Not of me buying the product, but of me sending the message telling them about the problem to the email that I copy-pasted from the Nex page .[li]
edited by Jules Asimov on 1/5/2014[/quote]

[/li]Give them a bit longer. We’ve never had any problems with Customer Support, and you just spent $50 on the game; we very much doubt they’ll snub you.[li][/li][li]
edited by Snowskeeper on 1/5/2014

inquiries of this nature should be e-mailed to purchases@failbettergames.com

I bought 280 Nex through Visa several days ago. It was instantaneous. It should be instantaneous as that is the point (payment through superrewards is slow). So I think if you did not get Nex immediately, it means you have a problem. Write to Failbetter, Alexis is nice and solves those kind of problems very fast.

[quote=Jules Asimov]I Used an american express card to purchase 280 nex yesterday for 50 american dollars ( thereby making this a first world problem) and i have yet to actually receive the nex. The friend whose card i used said that they got a call that the transaction went through, but my nex has yet to appear. I was wondering if anyone else has had these sort of problems before, or if I’m just being impatient.
edited by Jules Asimov on 1/5/2014[/quote]

Maybe it confused the system because you used your friend’s card, and not your own. At any event, I think you need to report your problem to Failbetter.

I never bought Nex before, so i don’t see how that could have confused it. As for the contacting,I have sent emails to both support and purchases. I did the former when the Nex didn’t appear that night and the later yesterday and there has been no response. However, it is the week end, so I understand.

It has been solved.

[li]
Yay! Congratulations on your new, enormous pile of nex! Or your refund. Or whatever it is you got out of this.