Newly Born Frost Moth

That elusive creature… Fifteen months, or even more (remind me, when the Favours: Tomb-Colonies start to be a thing?) entirely dependent on the one and only opportunity card.

Meanwhile I get Renown 40 for Criminals, Urchins, Docks, Rubberies, Cider, even Seven-Fold Knock - but, maybe except the last one, never had I such feeling of final accomplishment as when covering my (still existing) head with that Bonnet to move to the temporary disgraced exile.
edited by Kharsirr Lynx on 6/19/2017

&quotOne and only one opportunity card?&quot How so? I get Tomb Colonies favours from multiple sources (their card, the cheese woman, the Cheery Man, off the top of my head, may be more still I’m forgetting). Having said that, I’m still on Renown 38 for them.

Urchins is going to be worse, I’m nearly there Renown-wise, but then I’m going to have to fart around with What the Thunder Said (which I currently have none of) and Stormy-eyed (which I only just achieved, for the first time) for ages.

But anyway, congrats! Hope to get that one soon myself.

I went for the Last Constable in that old family issue - and who is cheese woman, then?

Maybe she’s the Cheesemonger.

Yes, that’s her. She employs you for various nefarious tasks. If you are deliberately useless at these tasks they are a good source of favours and Connected with some of the factions.

You’d think she’d cotton on and dismiss you from her service, but she doesn’t. For some reason she seems to like having incompetent minions.

You can also get the Bandaged Raven pet for more Favours: Tomb-Colonists sources.

And a trip to the Tomb-Colonies will quickly get your 7 Favours (1 Favour on entry, and 2 cards give Favours out of a small deck).

Yup, highly recommend the Tomb Colonies route, as I believe you’re otherwise correct that there’s only one card for the choices you’ve made. Here are some hints on grinding (though my method for hitting 40 TC is not covered in Grenem’s summary and is three quarters of the way down page 1)

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic22266-storylet-favors-grinding.aspx

If you’re an EF you can get 7 Favours per day with little actions spent in the colonies; problem is you are missing cards from London. Get your scandal enough to be kicked to the colonies only by equipping the leggins (or if you have a plant Head it’s faster), be sure to have 3-4 AP, but half a deck.
This way you’ll be able to discard a lot of useless cards until you get the ones that offer Favours. Having a cap of 40 AP helps as there’s no need to rush using them. Once you have 7, consume your AP and done.
When I got the Moth I went there with 3-4 Favours, got the item and headed back to London with 5-7 Favours plus ~30 AP. Took a whole day, but thing is I got around 11-12 Favs. It also depends on the number of possible cards, but I got almost all (missing only 1).

It’s not just the Leggings but the Hat as well: so you need Scandal 6. Also, obviously head to the TC with at least 3/5 cards (depending if you’re an EF) so you can benefit from the deck doubling effect.

[quote=Plynkes]Urchins is going to be worse, I’m nearly there Renown-wise, but then I’m going to have to fart around with What the Thunder Said (which I currently have none of) and Stormy-eyed (which I only just achieved, for the first time) for ages.

But anyway, congrats! Hope to get that one soon myself.[/quote]

I’ve heard once you have Stormy Eyed there’s an option at Hunters Keep for raising it, and it’s practically a necessity I hear tell to get to the required number.

EDIT: actually it might be at Mutton Island
edited by Cthonius on 6/19/2017

[quote=Cthonius][quote=Plynkes]&quotOne and only one opportunity card?&quot How so? I get Tomb Colonies favours from multiple sources (their card, the cheese woman, the Cheery Man, off the top of my head, may be more still I’m forgetting). Having said that, I’m still on Renown 38 for them.

Urchins is going to be worse, I’m nearly there Renown-wise, but then I’m going to have to fart around with What the Thunder Said (which I currently have none of) and Stormy-eyed (which I only just achieved, for the first time) for ages.

But anyway, congrats! Hope to get that one soon myself.[/quote]

I’ve heard once you have Stormy Eyed there’s an option at Hunters Keep for raising it, and it’s practically a necessity I hear tell to get to the required number.[/quote]
Mutton Island, not Hunter’s Keep. The option is readily apparent when you arrive.

Note that this raises Stormy-Eyed, but not What the Thunder Said. And yes, it is for all practical purposes a necessity to reach the required levels. Your dream quality tends to rise faster than Stormy-Eyed, eventually locking you out of dreams that can raise your Stormy-Eyed.

You may want to wait til later in the summer, when a festival opens a faster travel option to Mutton Island.

I will defend the Finishing School to the death. It gives 50% chance for a favor, tomb colonists included, for roughly 12-14 actions, which is fair by itself, but it also refreshes your opportunity deck. I consider it by far the best way to grind favors for docks, urchins, tomb colonies, the Great Game, and for the church, revolutionaries, bohemians, and society when those are eventually released.

I agree, this is my primary method of getting favours these days. But it is fate-locked.

Which student at the Finishing School gives tomb colonies favours?

The lady from the surface.

Thanks!

I would recommend the finishing school in theory. In practice it has been next to useless. I think the entire time it has been available I have had a grand total of two favours from it.

The RNG just hates me for some reason. :)

Some of you should keep in mind that not every player has access to the premium content that provides other alternatives for Favours.

Even with them, Tomb Colonies is a pain in the ass for me. Most of the ways are closed off by my level and content completion and quirks. Scandal isn’t even easy for me to put together.

Even with them, Tomb Colonies is a pain in the ass for me. Most of the ways are closed off by my level and content completion and quirks. Scandal isn’t even easy for me to put together.[/quote]
Are you raising a plant? If so, in the final stages, there’s a card that offers a nice item which throws you in the colonies. Excluding the time to raise the plant and resources, you basically have a 2 AP way into the colonies.
But I must admit, that for most, a plant is a pretty annoying… thing(?) due to the number of cards and resources required to complete block anything related to it (level 19 and champion w/o claiming the prize).