New spouse options for 2019?

First off, I’d like to extend my warmest congratulations to all who just married the Missionary or the Firebrand, and my thanks to Failbetter for making that possible. I understand many people have been asking for these marriage options, and I wish them every happiness in their new relationships. ^^

Alas, my main remains single. :p She is pining after the Pirate Poet, and nothing in this game would make me happier than to be able to marry her at the next Feast. So I got curious to see how many people share that wish, and to try to find out who the most popular spouse requests are, now that the Missionary and the Firebrand are available. So I made a poll, based on the most popular choices on this thread and on other conversations I’ve seen around the forum. It is entirely possible I’ve missed some important character, and if so I apologise. Feel free to add your favorites.

Few things in Fallen London would make me happier than being able to marry the Pirate Poet. <3 I agree with Violet 100%.

There are certainly some fine denizens of the Neath on the list. But my character (my only character, now that my alt has Gone North) is like me in one significant respect for this purpose–she wants to marry a man! And there’s hardly any men on this list!

I chose “other” because the only well-known male character in FL that I really find interesting enough to let my character marry is the Jovial Contrarian. I love his intellectual sport and, judging from his card image, think he’s the handsomest man in London. So there!

Ops! I’m sorry, I assure you it wasn’t intentional. I mostly went through that thread taking note of how many people mentioned each character, and how many likes the posts requesting each got, and then chose the most popular from those and added some that weren’t on that list, but who I remembered having a significant number of admirers. The Jovial Contrarian should definitely have been one of those, but the poor fellow completely slipped my mind. My bad.

Can we marry the Boneless Consort yet? And I picked Masters because Eaten is still technically a Master and he could use a hug :D

I’m scared to ask for any new spouse options since I’m worried they’ll come with an art “upgrade.”

But if I had a guarantee that they weren’t going to be fuglified…well, since Cheeryman is dead, gimmee Poor Edward <3

Funny. I could’ve sworn I saw someone very much like him sitting alone in Caligula’s today. ;)

Better call the Ghostbusters

What do you mean? The Bonesless Consrt is already a Spouse choice.

I’m surprised that the Quiet Deviless and the Green-Eyed Devil aren’t on the list. They are both often requested as potential spouses.

Hubris is still carrying a torch for the Quiet Deviless. And, as much as I adore the Pirate Poet, I’d see her more as a big sister.

Omg, of course. I knew I was forgetting an important pair.

I’m logging off for now, but if it turns out I forgot too many people, or characters who are too popular, I’d just like to say I wouldn’t mind it if this thread got replaced by another with a more accurate poll. Sorry, everyone.

What do you mean? The Bonesless Consrt is already a Spouse choice.[/quote]
That’s what I was checking. There’s no fancy ceremony or anything, so I tend to forget the difference between Spouse and Companion.

The Kashmiri Princess. And I mean Rose and Esmeralda both

Following I’d like Sinning Jenny or Millicent, but the poll allowed one choice only.
edited by Chronos on 2/13/2018
edited by Chronos on 2/13/2018

Well, I doubt that the love of Doctor Blake’s life will be a viable candidate anytime soon, so … I had to be creative :)

(he had to switch out of his rat-faces for the church ceremony)

[quote=Kukapetal]I’m scared to ask for any new spouse options since I’m worried they’ll come with an art &quotupgrade.&quot

But if I had a guarantee that they weren’t going to be fuglified…well, since Cheeryman is dead, gimmee Poor Edward <3[/quote]

Well, at the end of Light Fingers…

…you do smash a love potion riiiight into his face as you share an intent gaze. If that isn’t foreshadowing then I don’t know what is! ;)

What I’m saying is, shared custody? :p
edited by millea on 2/13/2018

So many options that is hard to decide! I am… Not entirely sure :’) Though I feel my dream of marrying the Afectionate Devil may never come true… Silly me!

My main has always carried a torch for the Last Constable. And now that her storyline is finished (and since she has long been available as a Feast of the Rose companion) I hope he can finally marry her. Then again, I wouldn’t mind having our former mayor, Sinning Jenny, as an alternative.

I’m not sure I want to share with you Milly, after your other husband stole my dog’s face.

Give it back he looks weird without it :P

[quote=Kukapetal]I’m not sure I want to share with you Milly, after your other husband stole my dog’s face.

Give it back he looks weird without it :P[/quote]
Do I smell a duel? grabs popcorn

[quote=Kukapetal]
But if I had a guarantee that they weren’t going to be fuglified…well, since Cheeryman is dead, gimmee Poor Edward <3[/quote]
Dammit girl stahp stealing my (future, probable) husbands. First Cheery, now Ed?

Now, let’s just stare into his eyes until he becomes available…