new release of NetHack (!)

If any of y’all play or played NetHack, which seems plausibly likely, there is a new release!!

(The advantage of FL over NetHack is that FL doesn’t give me RSI, but wow, the nostalgia right now. I should see if rgrn still exists in any meaningful way . . . )

Didn’t expect to see Nethack here. Well a rogue-like’s narrative style has some similarities with FL’s.

Probably my favorite spell there is Stone to Flesh. Meatballs on demand are awesome.

Never got to playing the original. Thankyou for the link, an_ocelot!

[quote=Pyrodinium]Didn’t expect to see Nethack here. Well a rogue-like’s narrative style has some similarities with FL’s.

Probably my favorite spell there is Stone to Flesh. Meatballs on demand are awesome.[/quote]
Hey, it’s the off-topic forum!

It depended on the character, but I used to like charm monster and a magic whistle.

Kittenpox, it has a steep learning curve and little narrative, so it’s very unlike FL, but the cleverness and scope of it is vast and admirable.

I spent a summer just dying again and again :) so much fun!

Yes, probably I should’ve mentioned this in the SS forum instead, but I don’t play it so I don’t go there. :)

Ah man, good times. I never even made it to Gehennom, honestly, but I was a lot less cognitively developed the last time I tried. Perhaps I should begin making serious attempts to ascend.

[quote=Pyrodinium]Didn’t expect to see Nethack here. Well a rogue-like’s narrative style has some similarities with FL’s.

Probably my favorite spell there is Stone to Flesh. Meatballs on demand are awesome.[/quote]

Apropos, if you like the idea of mixing the two, you should probably check out Chris Gardiner’s on-hiatus side project, Below.
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 12/9/2015

[quote=Jeremy Avalon]Ah man, good times. I never even made it to Gehennom, honestly, but I was a lot less cognitively developed the last time I tried. Perhaps I should begin making serious attempts to ascend.

Apropos, if you like the idea of mixing the two, you should probably check out Chris Gardiner’s on-hiatus side project, Below.
edited by Jeremy Avalon on 12/9/2015[/quote]

I like this Storynexus world! Thanks for the link!

[quote=an_ocelot][quote=Pyrodinium]Didn’t expect to see Nethack here. Well a rogue-like’s narrative style has some similarities with FL’s.

Hey, it’s the off-topic forum!

It depended on the character, but I used to like charm monster and a magic whistle.

Kittenpox, it has a steep learning curve and little narrative, so it’s very unlike FL, but the cleverness and scope of it is vast and admirable.[/quote]

I was just surprised. It’s just been years since I wielded a Vorpal Sword.

Looks like you like to do Shadowy things in the dungeon with an accomplice too!

[quote=an_ocelot]If any of y’all play or played NetHack, which seems plausibly likely, there is a new release!!

(The advantage of FL over NetHack is that FL doesn’t give me RSI, but wow, the nostalgia right now. I should see if rgrn still exists in any meaningful way . . . )[/quote]

LOL playing this game I told my little sister that I was hacking into the Bank and she believed me^^

Young people these days :D