New Moods

Cheers! I’ll keep drawing cards, then.

I keep hoping that they’re going to add moods to ‘A Night Out’, since it seems in the same vein as the dusty bookshop and little omen, and it’s a win-win proposition: either we’ll get a common card that grants moods, or I can stop seeing that card so constantly.

What are the requirements now?

Congratulations on obtaining…something secret. I was shocked at first. I really wasn’t expecting it to be that. Then 10 minutes later, my new character encountered its foreshadow in a Watchful 1 storylet in Ladybones Road:
“Visitors from Hell come through here. Some of the scrawlings are bizarre, terrifying or very, very funny. Some hold valuable secrets.
Success!
It’s starting to make sense…
You glean some intriguing tidbits about recent promotions and demotions in the hierarchies of Hell.”

• Decipher graffiti from storylet “Study the secrets of Fallen London”

Yeesh, I completely dismissed that as dull gossip when I first played FL last year!

Earlier this week, I was thinking of the large population of Revolutionaries in FL, the human ones. Then I thought of the Rubbery one(s). It led to wondering about other sorts, infernal ones in particular. Today, I’m thinking: It’s nice when things come together. :)

Steadfast 2 or more, with no apparent upper limit. I suspected it would be something in line with his usual offerings, and would have a hint as to his background, but I was expecting something less… subtle.

With a Steadfast of 23 I’ve yet to see the card even show up!

Card RNG is perfectly designed to calculate exactly which card you need and then never give you it while piling you under connection conflict cards and the goddamn music hall singer

Who, thanks to the new difficulty system, has told me about His Amused Lordship’s digestive trouble about a dozen times now. That said, I just drew the Little Omen, and I am quite prepared to hold on to it until I’ve drawn another 3,200 Scrap!

Solution for the Music Hall Singer: ‘Borrow’ some money from her!

Her cards are pretty good though! They’re generally on-par with the Affair of the Box for ppa, and at least one of them has a rare success for a 2.5-echo item.

Even so, they still take up space =)

The music hall singer doesn’t let you murder people!
But if she did we could all be much more expedient with our murders

Hmm, odd…I got the bookshop card, and got the mood, but my stats still show the same. And I can’t find the mood in my Myself page, on any of the categories, either.

It should be a hat unless things have changed very recently.

D’oh. Now I find it. The sad thing is, I was swapping out equip and didn’t see it. Hopefully I can get a few uses out of it before it poofs.

What would be the best use of a cool as ice mood. My stats are all capped at 200’ and loaded for Shadowy now I’m 265. Anyone on who can think of a good use for such? Thanks.

Open an ice cream shop at Hell?

[li]

I may as well have! Next time the dusty bookstore arrives I will recognize and hold the card. Used the hour to work some heists, a complete waste of my icy demeanor, but I honestly could not find a better use in an hour’s time. Could have used a nice boost to watchful while I worked on that Impossible Theorem, but that story is complete now.

Open an ice cream shop at Hell?

[li][/quote]

[/li]

I was planning to save one of those mood cards for a challenging theft with the Master Jewel Thief, but then I forgot about that and it was discarded when I began a heist. Oh well. Not a big deal, because statistically it wouldn’t have paid off the spend an entire Action playing the card just to get +3% chance to succeed with the challenge. Then again, given my rotten luck with those challenges lately, it could’ve saved me a lot of Actions. And now I’ll never know.

I got the dusty bookshop just the other day and used the +30 watchful to do some further research on the Correspondence. SotC 8 now, I wonder if I can get to 10 before Millicent’s tattoo parlor goes? I desperately want the Correspondence tattoo! Since I can’t afford to spend Nex right now to get an ocelot at the Labyrinth of Tigers I think I will be composing many, many symphonies at Court. Or maybe I will get that bookshop again…

[li]
Oh, I wish it were that easy for me. I’m hoping for a tattoo of an Ubergoat. One Overgoat and 3000 echoes down, 8800 echoes to go.