New item types

Hi,[li]

I noticed a bit back that there are some new item types available in the drop down (destiny, etc.) I was assuming that they don’t do anything right now, but may at some point in future. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks!

[quote=cyberpunkdreams]Hi,[li]

I noticed a bit back that there are some new item types available in the drop down (destiny, etc.) I was assuming that they don’t do anything right now, but may at some point in future. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks![/quote]

Well, Destiny is actually a usable item, it gives its bonus if you equip it. Also, I think you can’t unequip it once you have it on.
[/li]

This isn’t referring to Fallen London Destinies, but rather the appearance of a Destiny category in Storynexus.

It’s probably just a holdover from recent FL changes.

…OMG, I didn’t pay attention to the thread header. My bad T.T

I think “ship” is new too. I also thought it was just a knock-on from the FL changes, but then they don’t actually share the same code-base, do they? I thought they were more like branched prjects.

FWIW, I think it’s probably the result of Destinies being added to FL.

[li]
Yes, almost certainly… just thought I’d ask though! I also notice that there are quite a few timing options for living stories now.

I checked with Alexis, and he said these item types have just leaked over from Fallen London, and they have no special magic properties within Storynexus.[li]

Specifically on test, they both slot under &quotStory&quot with no specific heading.
edited by HanonO on 11/24/2013

Thanks for that. I thought it was probably the case.