New Inventory Categories

Nobody seems to have commented yet: there are now sections for Great Game, Lodgings, Sustenance and Zee Treasures on the Myself screen.

I was actually just thinking my Curiosities were starting to crowd the place up a bit.
edited by PStrange on 9/26/2015

I just noticed it too. However, I’m curious as to why &quotAn Infernally Diplomatic Privilege&quot is still under Curiosities. It strikes me that it should be moved to the Lodgings category along with &quotA Wink from the Manager of the Royal Bethlehem&quot and &quotA Novel Birthmark&quot.

As I have all 3, I spent a few seconds staring at my Lodgings and wondering if I had somehow lost my 5 card home with the infernal forces. Then I looked all over and found it still in Curiosities.
edited by Lady Strange on 9/26/2015

I’m not sure what it would be called, but a category for all the connection-increasing items would be useful for organization.

Optimatum, that would certainly aid organisation. Perhaps the category could be called “connecting contacts”, “friendly connexions”, or simply “connexion items” or something along those lines.

In addition to Solacefruit and Tin of Zzoup, the Recipe for Zzoup has also been moved to Sustenance.

While the categories are being overhauled, any chance we could have properly fleshed-out Rubbery and Ratness categories? :P
edited by Optimatum on 9/26/2015

We have a fleshed-out Rubbery category. I’m missing the fluke core, but I have everything else:

We are missing T2 and T3 rubbery items, but that’s it.

Can someone tell me what the Great Game and new Rubbery items are? Also, Cecil, what’s that last Rubbery thing?

The last one is a Rubbery Skull. You can find them in Flute Street.

They’re not new, but the items are as follows:
Deep Amber 1p
Unearthly Fossils 2.5e
Trembling Amber 12.5e
Pulsating Amber 62.5e
Fecund Amber 312.5e
(Fluke Core) 1562.5e
Rubbery Skull N/A

The skulls can’t be sold, so they sit at the end like the Screaming Map and your drinkable wines.

You might also be unaware that Ratness has a few things in it too.

Rats on Strings 1p
Venge-Rat Corpses 50p
Baptised Rattus Faber Corpses 2.5e
(Rat of Glory) (312.5e)

The Rat of Glory was only available as a christmas access code two years back, it couldn’t be sold straight out (IIRC) but it could be converted into 1~7 Searing Enigmas.

And the Great Game items? I’m just wondering about those, for wiki purposes actually. (I’m putting several item categories in a lore context :P)

Moves in the Great Game are in the Great Game category. Not sure if anything else is.

Vital Intelligence is as well.

If you didn’t want to risk losing all your candles, it could also be exchanged for a Scuttering Squad.

I didn’t know there were moves in the Great Game and Vital Intelligence in Fallen London too…

They were added as random rewards for the recent charity drive, and as a preview of future content!

Moves in the Great Game, Vital Intelligence and a few more things from SS where added during a charity donation for 11 fate each where you could get random items.

Coper Cipher Rings are also in the Great Game category.

Moves in the Great Game 50p
Copper Cipher Ring 37.5e
Vital Intelligence 62.5e

Inside Sustenance is Dark-Dewed Cherries, Dark Drop Coffee, A Magnificent Feast, A Recipe for Zzoup, Solace Fruit (charity), Tin of Zzoup (charity).

And as for Zee-Treasures

Moon Pearls 1p
Ambiguous Eolith ?p
Deep Zee Catch ?p
Royal-Blue Feather 50p
Live Specimen 250p
edited by Cecil on 9/26/2015

[quote=Lady Strange]I just noticed it too. However, I’m curious as to why &quotAn Infernally Diplomatic Privilege&quot is still under Curiosities. It strikes me that it should be moved to the Lodgings category along with &quotA Wink from the Manager of the Royal Bethlehem&quot and &quotA Novel Birthmark&quot.

As I have all 3, I spent a few seconds staring at my Lodgings and wondering if I had somehow lost my 5 card home with the infernal forces. Then I looked all over and found it still in Curiosities.
[/quote]

[color=#e53e00] whistles innocently That should now be in the right place. [/color]

Ah, ok, thanks. I got a shard of the Mountain of Light with that donation thing.

Phew, the Curiosities section was getting rather overcrowded after the fundraiser, so this is rather nice. I agree about the connected items, although some of them (Pulsating Amber, Copper Cipher Ring, Bright Brass Skull, University Endowment) have faction-related homes. Should Entry in Slowcake’s Exceptionals be in Influence?

Speaking of Amber, I have an Amber Carnival Token that probably should go in Rubbery? Also, should Books of Hidden Bodies go in Great Game, or maybe Rumour? I always wondered if Diary of the Dead and Book of Hidden Bodies were accidentally in swapped categories.

It would also be lovely to have a library, bibliography, bookshelf, or literary section for those of us with too many patriotic adventures, short stories of varying quality, tragedy of romance, epic poetic cycle, etc cluttering things up.

Are tinctures of vigour and various laudanums &quotsustenance?&quot Perhaps not literally… But they do serve somewhat similar purposes, so they might be grouped.
edited by metasynthie on 9/26/2015