New content is out

Remember about the card to be released today?
FBG just tweeted something and, according to Reddit, it starts a story far from London!

In Arbor

edited by Skinnyman on 8/1/2019

This is the text used to promote it on Discord:

[quote=HannahFBG]New in Fallen London today:

The City of Roses is opening its gates to select Londoners! Walk the streets of Arbor and experience the wonders of the two cities, waking and dreaming. Be mindful of the perfume that builds behind your eyes, however. Not everything is as it seems on first sight.

Find it in your opportunity deck. Enjoy, delicious friends.[/quote]I’ve not been fortunate enough to draw it yet, but it seems like the story is rather in-depth and will take multiple visits to finish. It’s also been confirmed that this is new, permanent free content.

I just drew &quotA Dream of Roses&quot. Wish me luck in Arbor…
edited by Julius de Poisson on 8/1/2019

interesting!!

Squee! :dance: Looking forward to it!

Does anyone know (yet) if this is repeatable content or a one-time story for our character?

When I play SS, Arbor is just arc in Khan Glory, isn’t it?

Oh, I drew it and somehow managed to be patient while my candle fille up. Can’t wait.
Just a tiny gripe: it would be lovely if things were announced in the forums too, for us dinosaurs who don’t go on other platforms.

It’s repeatable. I’ve gotten the card twice.

I am in love with the new content, and possibly with an NPC too.
Hey, a girl can dream!

No, my pristine deck is being polluted!
Seriously though, new content making an appearance is absolutely great, and doubly so given how it seems to be indicative of even more to come. I’m looking forward to drawing the new card.

Seconding this.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 8/1/2019

Oh neat! First new content not counting seasonal events and ES’s I have been here for!

Word of caution: losing your Permission to Linger does indeed result in your immediate expulsion from the story, so anything that exchanges all your Permission to Linger for anything else will send you back to your lodgings.

[quote=Dudebro Pyro]

Seconding this.[/quote]
Thirding! Thricing? Thrix!

[quote=Julius de Poisson][quote=Dudebro Pyro]

Seconding this.[/quote]
Thirding! Thricing? Thrix![/quote]
I too. I was quite surprised that something would be announced in other venues but not here.

Here’s a reminder to everyone. If you want to &quotfarm&quot the opportunity deck, the fastest way to refill the deck is to go to Sinning Jenny’s finishing school on Ladybones Road and then immediately leave. This takes 6 actions but your deck refills instantly. It also gives you 1 point in both suspicion and scandal, but I assume that shouldn’t be an issue for most players.

This is actually somewhat outdated information, though it has the benefit of being available at all Menace levels instead of requiring more careful curation. Flash resetting is the current fastest method for opportunity deck refreshing, only taking 2 actions per refresh (plus, it doesn’t require Fate content); I’ve pasted a well-written guide below from Arkaneth on Discord:

HOW TO RESET YOUR DECK:

1. Get the Barrel with Leather Shoulder-Straps. You need Renown 10 with the Bohemians for it.

2. Buy :
    a) Pair of Scarlet Stockings of Dubious Origin.
    b) Modish Bonnet.

3. Lower your nightmares and suspicion below 3. Make sure your Scandal is 2 without item modifiers.

4. Put the BARREL, the stockings and the bonnet on.

5. Enter flash lay.

6. Get kicked from flash lay.

7. GOTO 5 if needed

I too. I was quite surprised that something would be announced in other venues but not here.[/quote]Decided to post it after waiting to see if there’s anything official.

[quote=Azothi]

HOW TO RESET YOUR DECK:

1. Get the Barrel with Leather Shoulder-Straps. You need Renown 10 with the Bohemians for it.

2. Buy :
    a) Pair of Scarlet Stockings of Dubious Origin.
    b) Modish Bonnet.

3. Lower your nightmares and suspicion below 3. Make sure your Scandal is 2 without item modifiers.

4. Put the BARREL, the stockings and the bonnet on.

5. Enter flash lay.

6. Get kicked from flash lay.

7. GOTO 5 if needed[/quote]

This is so sweet! Thanks for posting this.

Oh my goodness this new content is lovely. I finally drew the card and I’ll be rapidly going through my deck to try and get it again.