New Art

I was about to say the same thing, but then saw this thread. ^_^

Loving the new art, FBG!

You know, of all the characters to get facelifts in the last few months, I think my favourite is actually the Melancholy Curate:

… Yeah, I think I can see why both Soran and Zero went there.

The Revolutionaries just got awesome new art. Anybody else notice this?

Yep, I drew the card a few hours ago and noticed the new art!

Oh, and the Church too!

_church_______heartless

edited by fitz on 9/15/2015

Dude’s legitimately unsettling now. My favorite is still Penstock though, but the Bishop of St.Fiarce is pretty slick though.

I like that the quirk icons are clearer and more symbolic, but I’m not a fan of that green color (which is odd because green is usually my favorite color). I think they’d be much better if they either A) each had their own color or B) had the same color scheme as the core stat symbols (Watchful, Shadowy, etc.).

Green for Melancholy is just… wrong, somehow.
edited by MrUnderhill89 on 9/15/2015

[quote=Ami Miljkovich]You know, of all the characters to get facelifts in the last few months, I think my favourite is actually the Melancholy Curate:

… Yeah, I think I can see why both Soran and Zero went there.[/quote]

I agree. I’d love to meet him! In fact, I wonder if he and his sister will ever become potential Companions. :-)

[quote=ruen]What is everyone’s favorite art in the game, old or new? What would you buy a print of?

Personally, I find the Canny Costermonger absolutely charming.
edited by ruen on 2/11/2015[/quote]

There’s a lot of great new art in the game (the Melancholy Curate for one) but I think my favorite is the art currently used for Visions of the Surface. It’s very simple, but beautiful, and it cheers me up a tiny bit just from looking at it.

All of the quirks have new, unified art. (Except the Chiropteromantic Zodiac, which has become a Circumstance.)[li]

Yeah, I noticed that today! The green will take some getting used to…

The green is different, but I can’t make a snap decision on if it’s good or bad. I’ll probably get used to it. My biggest niggle is the ‘Austere’ symbol. The others I could pretty much identify on sight, but the Austere symbol just means nothing to me. I’m not even sure what it is supposed to represent. Stactites? Which somehow represent the minimalist ideal?

How about a tonsured head, or a plate with a couple of potatoes on it, or a bare table in the corner of a room? A hand with stigmata would tell me more than the current symbol.

The Austere image looks like some sort of spiky monster to me, but that’s because the green stands out more than the white.

The green have a very “old paper” quality to it, I’m very fond of the new Quirks. Ruthless especially was in dire need of a makeover.

I like the new veteran spy artwork as well, it’s very nice. Also the bishop of St Fiacre’s now looks… uh… very different?

I haven’t seen the Bishop one. I really hate the normal clergy one though, the guy with the upside-down-pear-shaped head. And the Criminals one with the weird black… eye… I think???

I haven’t seen the Bishop one. I really hate the normal clergy one though, the guy with the upside-down-pear-shaped head. And the Criminals one with the weird black… eye… I think???[/quote]

Well the bishop looks completely different. I do agree that the criminals and church need a better icon though.

Personally, I find the new quirk art to be a bit dull and lackluster and a dis-improvement. However, the unified theme is a decent idea, but could be better implemented. The church art is quite lovely, however.

I quite like the new quirk art. It’s very clean and the green helps to differentiate them from other qualities. However, I also have no idea what the austere symbol is. Grass? Fire? Dripping Stalacties?