New access codes

I haven’t seen this posted anywhere, but the Failbetter twitter is releasing new access codes in celebration of Zubmariner. One per day until release, and only active for a short time. Link below.

https://twitter.com/failbettergames?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
edited by suinicide on 10/6/2016

Plus, plus, plus and a thanks we go!

!!!

WANT!!!

(sorry, I am capable of acting like something other than a bratty child, just not right now…)

This was expected, can’t wait to see if we will get an unique item like what happened with SS access codes :).

I got one from the earlier Launch Codes but it would be nice if all the people who started playing Fallen London and Sunless Sea after that could get a copy of M. Demeaux’s Advice for Captains: Commemorative Edition. It is a very useful thing to have.

New things that give a Sunless Sea bonus would be fun though.

[quote=lady ciel ]I got one from the earlier Launch Codes but it would be nice if all the people who started playing Fallen London and Sunless Sea after that could get a copy of M. Demeaux’s Advice for Captains: Commemorative Edition. It is a very useful thing to have.

New things that give a Sunless Sea bonus would be fun though.[/quote]
I’d rather they got a different book with the same stats, personally- maybe even the same title but a different edition.

Oooh, this a nice little snippet of text we got here!

Hannah was in the IRC the other day, and did say that one code would give a unique and new item.

New code up :)

I am pleased to say that I was actually at zee on my zubmarine when I received these little baubles (in fact, just pulling into port). Now to figure out what the heck they even are.

3 eoliths which cost some puny 0.5e and have only fate-locked usage. What happened to the coffee beans?

A previously fate locked item available for free, with significance towards the DLC? I have no complaints.
edited by suinicide on 10/7/2016

[quote=sosisqua]3 eoliths which cost some puny 0.5e and have only fate-locked usage.[/quote]There is actually a use for them?

To be fair, the access codes don’t eat your actions either, and if nothing else the playerbase are vain and probably appreciate something they can put on a mantelpiece.

To be fair, the access codes don’t eat your actions either, and if nothing else the playerbase are vain and probably appreciate something they can put on a mantelpiece.[/quote]
Also, coffee doesn’t grow under the zee :P

I’ll take 3 rare items I otherwise don’t have worth who-cares-what over 50E worth of rostygold or a couple cups of coffee any day of the week. Actions refresh all the time, but it is only rarely that one gets to add zee-bottom paperweights to their collection ;)
edited by John Moose on 10/7/2016

Fate-locked items, which these used to be, are presumed to have fate-locked uses by the wiki {listing &quotthis item has fate-locked uses&quot &quotthis item does not&quot would be rather spoilerish.}. So it’s understandable that sosisqua thought that was the case.

Edit : To be clear, this is the wiki’s version of &quotI cannot confirm or deny that this object has fate-locked uses&quot- but it reads like &quotThis object has at least one fate-locked use&quot at first glance.
edited by Grenem on 10/10/2016

Being a collector I’m happy to have them.

Does anybody know when the Eoliths have been available before? Was ist during the medicines sans frontiers charity or during Christmas or something?
edited by rahv7 on 10/7/2016

It was available in the charity event IIRC, probably somewhere else too since one person here mentioned it having a fate locked use too.

Edit:just saw Grenem’s post, it’s still possible it does have a use but it is unlikely.
edited by The Master on 10/7/2016