Neathy Pokeman - Getting my collection to 50

It was a bug fix, I think. Before a lot of options produced a single value, and now they have a proper range. It’s gonna be tough, but I wish Blemmigan seekers the best of luck in their search. Maybe someday there will be a slightly more reliable way of getting them.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 6/11/2014

Well, I’m at the docks to find the card about the Sunless Sea, but I’ll keep my eye out for that card.

Bit of an update, now up to 44 out of 50 now, including one that I can’t buy.

[quote=A B Nile]I’m pretty sure I read recently that Surprise Packages have been rebalanced so that Bonfire of the Decencies is no longer the best way to get a Blemmigan (i.e. it is no better than a number of other ways). In other words, there’s no point in camping in the Docks and waiting for that card.[/quote]Yeah, I pretty much gave up on that route. Waiting for a Rare card on the docks (for months), and then succeeding in a luck challenge (with the odds against you) only to receive a &quotnormal&quot Surprise Package? This doesn’t seem like a normal method to go about looking for a Blemmigan.

I just lucked out and got a Secretary from a package I got from the notability card :)

It’s actually the only other way of getting one, the only things that actually give bundles of oddities that can give you a blemmigan are surprise packages and the bonfire of decencies. It’s just nearly impossible. First get the rare card, then succeed the check, then get the 1/1000 correct bundle value. No other bundles can actually give you the blemmigan value, so you might as well just hang out in the docks on the off chance.

[quote=deadcrystal]No other bundles can actually give you the blemmigan value, so you might as well just hang out in the docks on the off chance.[/quote]Or you could hang out in the Flit, trade favours with Revolutionaries, sell all the Proscribed Material and use the money to send Surprise Packages to friends. ;)

Though I guess you could easily afford to send a Surprise Package every time you draw the Give a Gift! card no matter where you draw your cards, so maybe you’re right.

I just don’t see the point of waiting specifically for Rare cards. It took me a year and a half (of very intensive card flipping) to get a Mood card. It took me quite a few months camped at the docks to see the Bonfire of the Decencies for the first time.

Assuming the luck check (&quotthe odds are against you&quot) has a 30% success chance, this means waiting around the dock for possibly a year to only have a chance of 1/30000 of getting a Blemmigan.

Even relying on the Surprise Packages from the (VeryInfrequent) An Unsigned Message card means much better odds. And, of course, sending/receiving gifts.
edited by dov on 6/15/2014

I treat them as a surprise treat rather than a thing to wait for - as they don’t give ‘must have’ things, but shiny nice things.

(I think I got a Blem from a fate thing?)
edited by babelfishwars on 6/15/2014

I treat them as a surprise treat rather than a thing to wait for - as they don’t give ‘must have’ things, but shiny nice things.

(I think I got a Blem from a fate thing?)[/quote] But it’s a rare companion! Surely it’s a ‘must have’ thing! :-)

Do you remember the details of the fate option to get the Blemmigan? If so, I’d appreciate a PM.

It was a once (well, okay, twice)-off event a while back where you could buy 2 darkdrop coffees for 10 Nex, but if you already had 12 coffees then you could instead swap one for a high-value bundle of oddities; high enough value that Blemmigans were a fairly common reward.

[quote=Spacemarine9]It was a once (well, okay, twice)-off event a while back where you could buy 2 darkdrop coffees for 10 Nex, but if you already had 12 coffees then you could instead swap one for a high-value bundle of oddities; high enough value that Blemmigans were a fairly common reward.[/quote]Ah, I see. I remember that event. Never had enough coffee on hand to try for the high-value reward.

Thanks!

Ah yes - that was it. I still have 12. About enough coffees for my average above London day.

There isn’t &quotDisgraced Rattis-Fabre Cheif&quot or &quotHungover Terrier&quot on that list.
Though the RF Cheif I got from being lucky at the [color=rgb(194, 178, 128)]Troubled with Vermin[/color] storylet…
Also know that that the Terrier is 1 of the pets you can get form Watchmaker’s Hill(which your only allowed to have 1 of at a time I believe)
edited by NamelessOne on 2/10/2015

[quote=NamelessOne]There isn’t &quotDisgraced Rattis-Fabre Cheif&quot or &quotHungover Terrier&quot on that list.
Though the RF Cheif I got from being lucky at the [color=rgb(194, 178, 128)]Troubled with Vermin[/color] storylet…
Also know that that the Terrier is 1 of the pets you can get form Watchmaker’s Hill(which your only allowed to have 1 of at a time I believe)
edited by NamelessOne on 2/10/2015[/quote]

Salt Weasel is mutually exclusive with the Terrier. (also rubbery euphonium which is the weirdest pet ever.)

And everyone gets the Disgraced bandit chief from Trouble with Vermin, although i think you can lose him in another story (i did but it upgraded him into an undisgraced chief)

How about the Shimmering Songster? It should be available this year again.