Neathy food

Not a lot here, huh?

I know a guy who can get you any surface food you want. HORRIFICLY expensive though. I tend to limit myself to one good steak a month and survive the rest of it with copious amounts of Broken Giant with every meal.
edited by Kylestien on 6/19/2016

I know a guy who can get you any surface food you want. HORRIFICLY expensive though. I tend to limit myself to one good steak a month and survive the rest of it with copious amounts of Broken Giant with every meal.
edited by Kylestien on 6/19/2016[/quote]

I do try to limit my expenses in terms of sustenance. Mushrooms can be used in preparation of a surprisingly large amount of food here, and rats do make for a rather satisfying replacement for several types of surface meats.

[OOC: The original comment was referring to the fact that this thread was here before with absolutely nothing in it, so I commented.]

Why is this saying it’s from me? &quotFrom Lamia Lawless,&quot it says.

I actually tried to post a list of canon examples of food available in the Neath months ago, but as far as I know the post never went through.

I needed to collect citations for it anyway.
edited by Lamia Lawless on 6/19/2016

Lamia Lawless. The only one of us devoted enough to bring citations into the fray. Bravo, my friend, bravo.

Gotta keep it legit so you know I’m not making it up if I tell you I saw someone in the Neath eat a strawberry once.

My character in Fallen London has eaten many things while in London: geese, strawberries, and zee-monster spiced with well-water. Most people don’t know that last detail when they eat it, though.[li]

Where’d you find geese? I seem to remember that CVR members get a dinner in their honor featuring a Surface fowl, when they turn in a thousand souls and contracts. But I can’t remember if it was goose or duck.