Nadir expedition question

Hello Neatheans,

I am about to embark on an expedition into the Nadir once I can find an Eyeless Skull. I have a few question that I would be glad to have answered:

1. The game states that I should have at least 60 expedition supplies, but that more will be an advantage. I have read elsewhere that one doesn’t really need much more. According to your experience, what is an ideal number? I don’t want to waste time or resources obtaining more than I have to, since this will likely be my last archaeological foray.

2. What is the minimum Watchful level needed to complete the expedition in one attempt, to your estimation? I can, currently, get my Watchful level up to 132 with equipment. Are the expedition options different than a normal expedition? Should I be prepared for multiple attempts at my level? Should I wait to advance more, or get better equipment? Since I will need to purchase a Ray-Drenched Cinder later on, I want to keep a hold of my bankable items, but I could boost myself a couple of levels if absolutely necessary.

3. Any other tips or warnings?

Thank you kindly.

1 I would take as many supplies as possible - there is no guarantee that you will be able to deal with your rivals before they reach 10 and it would be more annoying to fail because of that than to have supplies left over after the Expedition.

1. Expeditions are always luck based - which airs you get; whether you get Rival’s Progress; etc. But with your watchful the chances are that you will need a lot of luck to get through. It might be worth having a look here - http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Forgotten_Quarter_Expeditions

3 There is also another useful guide on the Wiki - http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Cave_of_the_Nadir_(Guide)

1. At the very least you should take 70 supplies - 60 for the expedition and 10 to deal with your competition if their progress reaches 10 (which is very likely). Of course this assumes you could have a 100% success rate on the actions you take to raise your Archeologist’s progress. If not, maybe around 80? Since you keep the supplies you won’t use up, there is no harm in getting more.

2. I’m terrible at making such estimates, so I won’t even try. The expedition itself is a longer version of the regular ones - it has the same options and mechanics.

3. Deal with your rival when their progress reaches 10 - doing it earlier is a waste of resources.

Basically, you should bring 70 supplies. Less might do it, but not guaranteed. (Depends on whether you get lucky and get one of the Airs-dependent ‘move ahead for free’ options.) You need the extra 10 to confront your main rival for that expedition, since its sheer length makes it unlikely that you’ll be able to reach your goal before her otherwise.

You stats are fine for it. Normal expedition-options are the same as ever, and the only new thing is the Watchful-check for taking out your rival, which is just a 120-check. You might need to burn a couple of Insights to do that one, but it shouldn’t be an issue.

Thank you. If any of you fine folks happen to be in possession of a Skull, or know somebody who is, I would also much appreciate it if you could let me know.

This Gentleman… Lady… err, yes. Happens to be in possession of FIVE eyeless skulls that are literally burning a hole in their pocket, and would be more than willing to part with them so long as no questions be asked and the authorities need not be informed.

This Gentleman… Lady… err, yes. Happens to be in possession of FIVE eyeless skulls that are literally burning a hole in their pocket, and would be more than willing to part with them so long as no questions be asked and the authorities need not be informed.[/quote]

Thank you, Mister William Croft was generous enough to supply me with the necessary monstrosity.