My soul and my aunt

Not too long ago I sold my soul. I hate this persuasive devil… anyway, is there any way I can get it back without using fate?

And is there any way to continue the story of my aunt without using fate after ‘Inconvenienced by your aunt 7’ (the part when she’s already back on the surface and sends me a letter which I don’t agree to open without using fate)

The answers are probably no and no, but I want to be sure.

Thank you very much in advance.

As far as I know, the answer to both of your questions is no. My apologies.

Yes, you can get your soul back without using Fate. You just have to wait for the right opportunity. I am unsure about the Aunt storyline, but it does appear (here) that you are correct and cannot continue after 7.

~MF

There is 0.0. Might I inquire as to how, perhaps in a private message? I’ve been considering getting my soul back, and I would prefer a cheaper way to do it if possible.

On the topic of Aunts…

There seem to be two cards you can get at Persuasive 65, one also requires ‘Inconvenienced by your Aunt 3’. Long agao, I had already reached that level in the storylet before reaching that level of persuasive.

Since then, the only card I ever get is the ‘Aunt and the Embassy’, and the only way to continue the story is Fate-Locked.
I have since cleared out almost everything, and never seen the other one. I’d rather get the story to level 7, where the fate cost is mandatory - Am I right in thinking that The ‘embassy’ card, that requires level 3 in the story overwrites the card that only requires persuasive?

As for the opportunity that returns your soul, I would have sworn that I did not spend the Fate. BUT I have been unable to find the name and did not use my journal to track my journey so perhaps I am incorrect. I did find several references (googlefu says they were discussed on the Penny Arcade forums) but they did not actually provide the name.

~MF

[quote=Howard Abrahall]On the topic of Aunts…

There seem to be two cards you can get at Persuasive 65, one also requires ‘Inconvenienced by your Aunt 3’. Long agao, I had already reached that level in the storylet before reaching that level of persuasive.

Since then, the only card I ever get is the ‘Aunt and the Embassy’, and the only way to continue the story is Fate-Locked.
I have since cleared out almost everything, and never seen the other one. I’d rather get the story to level 7, where the fate cost is mandatory - Am I right in thinking that The ‘embassy’ card, that requires level 3 in the story overwrites the card that only requires persuasive?[/quote]

This would indeed appear to be the case. You only get “The Aunt and the Embassy” if you allowed her to be carted off by the devils. If, on the other hand, you convinced her to return to the surface, then instead she will be sending you a letter from the surface. Also, on that note, the surface note DOES have a quality requirement, it requires Inconvenienced by your Aunt 7.

[quote=Maurna Frost]As for the opportunity that returns your soul, I would have sworn that I did not spend the Fate. BUT I have been unable to find the name and did not use my journal to track my journey so perhaps I am incorrect. I did find several references (googlefu says they were discussed on the Penny Arcade forums) but they did not actually provide the name.

~MF[/quote]

I have, heard that it’s possible if you seek the Name, you can get your soul back without paying fate…

Unfortunately I have sold my soul before progressing to that point in seeking the Name, and thus not only can I not progress in that storyline (I need a soul to do so), but also I can’t even get it back through the Name storyline option. It’s a catch 22, I need a soul to get my soul back without fate. So I need to fate back my soul, so that I can get progress in the Name hunt.

Alas, if anyone knows another way please feel free to say so, but I fear this may be what Maurna remembers.

I lost my soul to the Deviless before starting Seeking the Name. I don’t recall paying fate to do the storyline. I just waited for the cards. But I could be mistaken.

~MF

[quote=Maurna Frost]I lost my soul to the Deviless before starting Seeking the Name. I don’t recall paying fate to do the storyline. I just waited for the cards. But I could be mistaken.

~MF[/quote]
Well if you remember, let us know. I’ve just begun the fated retrieval process, I just hope my fate was well spent and I can get my soul back, I would terribly hate to spend 15 fate only to have my soul slip through my fingers… It is such a hard think to keep ahold of in a city of charming devils.