My Snippet Request Thread

If there’s a better thread for this, I’ll happily delete (assuming I can do that?) and go to that one. I just didn’t want to go through pages of backlog.

At any rate, for all the choices I didn’t make, and all the choices barred to me, I’d like to see the journal snippets for them.

Right now I’m after:

-All the snippets resulting from interacting with the Capering Relicker in his card

Minor spoilers for Flint under the cut

-The text from choosing a different deputy from Flint; I picked the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer. Update: I’ve seen the text for the repentant forger and the regretful soldier. There was an option for picking Silas the Showman, wasn’t there? I want the text from that.
-The text from choosing different crew. I picked pious and tough crew.

-Does anyone have snippets from trying to sell your soul to the Quiet Deviless, the Affectionate Devil, and the door-to-door salesman when your soul is stained?

I’ll add more as it occurs to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated
edited by Lamea Lawless on 11/16/2015

Although I have no idea where that paticular snippet is, I’d be glad to help for other snippets.

The Capering Relicker snippets are on the wiki. You’ll have to go into the source code to see the full text if it’s more than 250 characters though.

Not… really. Like, 50% of the Capering Relicker card is fate-locked. Actually, yes, exactly 50% of that card is fate-locked.

Here’s the soul trade text:

-Removed-

I’ve got the other things unlocked, but I keep forgetting to write down what the text for them is.
edited by Cecil on 11/16/2015
edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/16/2015

Reminder: do not post Fate-locked text publicly on the forum! Mantelpiece links are okay (as are PMs), but cut-and-paste sections and/or screenshots are not.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/16/2015

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Reminder: do not post Fate-locked text publicly on the forum! Mantelpiece links are okay (as are PMs), but cut-and-paste sections and/or screenshots are not.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 11/16/2015[/quote]
I COMPLETELY FORGOT I AM SO SORRY.

Thank you, everyone. Thanks to Cecil and Bertrand especially.

I’ll try the source code thing for things that aren’t fate-locked. It’s probably better than my method of refreshing the page, hitting ‘prt sc’ and pasting to paint.

As for the fate-locked thread… I will most likely use it.

I’m updating my list of requests, I remembered some things I wanted.

OH!! I only just realized what you meant by “the Capering Relicker card”! You meant “A gift from…” and not his scrap card. My bad!

No, I definitely meant his scrap card. I was seriously considering saving enough scraps to explore the options myself, but… :P I remember that he talks a bit about having been around for a long while, and I wanted to see if swapping scraps with him gets him to say more interesting things, as you go higher up in rewards.

Also, the source code method works, but most text is cut off by a […] on the wiki these days, even if it’s not fate-locked.

You can use a method of changing the number slightly and using a little bit of trial and error on the address of a &quotShow More&quot isolated storylet entry, to find related options/branches to that storylet, Lamea.[li]

For example, http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ShowMore/21703/EventConclusion is the result for choosing the Implacable Detective at the Dilmun Club, while
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ShowMore/21699/EventConclusion
is the close-in-address result for choosing His Amused Lordship. ( Note: bolding makes the hypertext links wonky)
Hope that can help.[/li][li]
edited by Bertrand Leonidas Poole on 11/17/2015

[quote=Bertrand Leonidas Poole]You can use a method of changing the number slightly and using a little bit of trial and error on the address of a &quotShow More&quot isolated storylet entry, to find related options/branches to that storylet, Lamea.[li]

For example, http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ShowMore/21703/EventConclusion is the result for choosing the Implacable Detective at the Dilmun Club, while
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ShowMore/21699/EventConclusion
is the close-in-address result for choosing His Amused Lordship. ( Note: bolding makes the hypertext links wonky)
Hope that can help.[/li][li]
edited by Bertrand Leonidas Poole on 11/17/2015[/quote][/li]
My goodness, what a useful tip! Thanks!