Multiples of Very Rare Category-topping Items

Delicious Nealthly Friends,

Is it possible to hold onto more than one of the particularly rare and valuable items that are at the top of certain categories, such as, in this case, the alleged whereabouts of a former infernal aristocrat? I currently have one such item and have a lead on a second, but want to confirm whether I need to use the first one before I can obtain the second.

Grateful for your assistance.[li]

No worries - the rarity indicators are just an estimation of how difficult it is to acquire them. They serve no other function than that.

I had two copies of that particular item myself (before using one of them) with no difficulties.

The only instance (for that item, at least) in which having one prevents getting another is the Heart’s Desire ambition. At one point the story needs a Location so it gives the option to get one once for several hundred echoes worth of items, but only if the player doesn’t have one iirc.

all items can stack and the only limits are if the source isn’t grindable, with a few exceptions, like the rose petals from the tomb-colonist fling. Most of the time qualities are/can be capped, and items won’t be. That said, the easiest source for the location isn’t farmable- selling that nadir’s location is a one-off storylet. Good luck with your collection, and with gathering the scraps you’ll need!
edited by Grenem on 6/15/2016
edited by Grenem on 6/15/2016

[li]
Not the case. You can do that regardless of having a Location on hand.

[li]
Not the case. You can do that regardless of having a Location on hand.[/quote]

Yup, been there, done that.

Thank you all for your quick and incredibly helpful answers! I deeply appreciate your insight into this. Glad to hear I can collect more than one of these items for later use (or to simply accumulate in an effort to keep closer tabs on said elusive royal).

It’s not one. Each of those is a different prince. Some are lose, some are imprisoned, some are otherwise. I’ve heard a number of the actual count thrown out once [77], but i don’t know if the sender was serious and it’s lore, or just making something up. That said, I’m pretty sure it used to be kingdoms of hell, not kingdom of hell.

Previously, one of the top tier items, the Fluke Core, was locked at 1. With the return of Seeking, that cap was removed. Besides that one, none were capped (that I know of).
edited by th8827 on 6/16/2016

[quote=th8827]Previously, one of the top tier items, the Fluke Core, was locked at 1. With the return of Seeking, that cap was removed. Besides that one, none were capped (that I know of).
edited by th8827 on 6/16/2016[/quote]
Well, only locked in the sense that its sole source locked when you owned it. If you somehow got one without that card, there was no check that said &quotYou should not be able to have two of this&quot or &quotFluke core hasn’t increased because it’s higher than 0&quot.

On another note, I hope there’s some way to remove that card still… but there probably isn’t. If there isn’t… time to sell my lucky amber.
edited by Grenem on 6/16/2016

It’s not one. Each of those is a different prince. Some are lose, some are imprisoned, some are otherwise. I’ve heard a number of the actual count thrown out once [77], but i don’t know if the sender was serious and it’s lore, or just making something up. That said, I’m pretty sure it used to be kingdoms of hell, not kingdom of hell.[/quote]

One would think 666 would be a more appropriate number.