Multiple Home Comforts

Is there any particular reason you can’t equip all your Home Comforts at once?

I think I’ve collected most of them at this point (except for a few that are inferior to those I already have) and I just can’t see it be that unbalancing. It’d be a noticeable bump in BDR (3-4 points, I think) for those who got all the Incarnadine Robe gifts, so I could see disallowing those from being equipped together, but having the tiny stat boosts from each of the other home comforts would make them sought after collectibles, especially for capped players, instead of &quotyet another item with no card, that I can’t sell, that is worse than something else in slot.&quot It would also make Midnighter a better profession, but that’s not critical.

I’m also not really clear on why you can only have one at a time from a lore perspective. I could see maybe limiting it based on your lodging (although I imagine that would be a technical headache to implement.) but having room for only one &quotthing&quot in your house doesn’t make much sense.

This is not meant to sound like a complaint, I love my items even if they’re not useful, and I don’t regret any of them. I’m just representing a side in the argument in the hope of hearing other points of view.

I think one of the major reasons is mechanically speaking: that the system would have to change for it to happen. Home comforts are in need of a bump in order for them to be worth it, but a stat bump on them would work as well.

I think it’s more that you only have room for one thing in your daily schedule, otherwise you wouldn’t focus on them enough to get the benefits. Which makes sense with such small benefits.

I think it’s more that you only have room for one thing in your daily schedule, otherwise you wouldn’t focus on them enough to get the benefits. Which makes sense with such small benefits.[/quote]

This is how I think of it as well. The others are around your house somewhere, but you only have enough spare time to benefit from one at a time.

It’s easier to handwave than Affiliation, but there I’d assume maintaining an association with the others but actively and publicly working with the one.

When do we get to have a secret second spouse in another port?

[quote=marcmagus]
When do we get to have a secret second spouse in another port?[/quote]

We already have not-si-secret spouses everywhere, but we only put a ring on the one.