Mr. Murgatroyd's Fungal Crackers?

Chris, maybe Mr Murgatroyd is actually running Failbetter and Alexis simply never told you? ;)

Murgatroyd is the fragile fungal thread holding the whole precarious construction of London society together.
edited by Barselaar on 8/18/2016

[quote=phryne]Mr Murgatroyd has his own sidebar snippet, too:

Murgatroyd is one of the Neath’s more successful entrepreneurs. London shop-shelves are stacked with his fungal tea, his fungal crackers, his fungal beer.

I’m looking forward to learning more about him![/quote]
never seen that snippet. that should explain a bit. that was the answer i was expecting. he seems to have a thing for fungus.
yeah, im looking foward to learn more about him. especially how he looks like (provided he doesnt use a recycled character art).

It’s turtles all the way down Chris. Whenever one, wonderingly, asks how deep something goes that’s just always the answer. (Well, either &quotturtles all the way down&quot or &quot42&quot, I do sometimes confuse my Answers)

I can just imagine the banner now:

&quotA cloaked messenger from the High Wilderness appears at the gates of the cracker factory. Find out what happens next in the new story, ‘Heavens to Murgatroyd’, coming soon&quot[li]

:)

“His vision of a united world… well, it was unprecedented. I wanted… needed to match his accomplishments, and so I resolved to apply antiquity’s teaching to our world, today. And so began my path to conquest. Conquest not of men, but of the comestibles that nourish them.”

"I’m not a penny dreadful villain. Do you seriously think I would explain my master stroke to you if there were even the slightest possibility you could affect the outcome? I triggered the growth of the Uttershroom in London 35 minutes ago. "

if there really is a new story. i hope it isnt an exceptional story.

since he has a teahouse, crackers, elixirs. he seems to be making this stuff to achieve a higher goal. there must be reason why he has an elixirs and many creature seems to like the crackers (including a sick rhino !).
whether he genuinely want to make people lives easier, only makes the stuff for the money, to be notable and popular or other higher important goal. we may never know.

this whole thing is interesting

New theory: Mr. Murgatroyd is actually Mr. Chimes. Similarly to taking care of Exceptional Friends, Mr. Chimes uses the alias of Mr. Murgatroyd to take care of the people!

wow. does exceptional stories start at house of chimes ?.

if yes. my theory is Murgatroyd/Chimes is the cause of the story’s events so every month 'troid/chimes causing a trouble for others to solve.

however, if chimes is not 'troid then above theory have nothing to do with 'troid. but the chimes theory is still valid
edited by Snado on 8/20/2016

My theory: he just happens to be good at food business like the Big Mac.

he has an elixir for plants as well. i guess he’s good at doing business.

I oh so enjoy it when these people act coy. They know how to keep us hungry.

Sometimes, one must wonder if these things start as throw-away jokes, and then they decide to give actual plot to these people.

Sometimes, one must wonder if these things start as throw-away jokes, and then they decide to give actual plot to these people.[/quote]

I wonder what joke made Alexis write SMEN…really bad April’s Fools?

[quote=BlabberingMat]

I wonder what joke made Alexis write SMEN…really bad April’s Fools?[/quote]

My guess: &quotAll shall be WELL and all manner of things shall be WELL&quot

Sometimes, one must wonder if these things start as throw-away jokes, and then they decide to give actual plot to these people.[/quote]

I wonder what joke made Alexis write SMEN…really bad April’s Fools?[/quote]

Perhaps his real job is being a PR manager for a cannibal dining society and this is an elaborate plan to promote cannibalism.

Ambition: Enigma was flat-out stated to be a joke in an interview, and then it showed up later, as we know!

[quote=Morucant]
you know what ?. this is how i actually make stories in real life. make a joke, reference or a pun on an existing thing. then i make more jokes/pun within the previous joke/pun still relating to the existing thing (or other things). after i got enough material, i increase the &quotPotential&quot quality of the joke/pun to convert it into a new, original story (fanfictions excluded).

i ended up with a bunch of unwritten stories. i was trying to make a extensive research document about 'Troid, starting from why i started having interest with him, to references/similarities to other series and how it connects to FL’s 'Troid. since 'Troid have no significant characteristics, i have multiple theories on how his character may be. some of them from the results of the said document.

above text never happened. its too boring to even write.

Dear God. Don’t tell me that Murgatroyd’s Fungal Crackers are…people!

Dear God. Don’t tell me that Murgatroyd’s Fungal Crackers are…people![/quote]
Worse…they are Ruberries!

Sunless Skies! Sunless Skies!

(please let this be Sunless Skies, I will love it forever)