most Lore-full (non-Nemesis) ambition?

So I got bored, basically, and started a brand-new character who’s going to explore all the new corners of the Neath that didn’t exist when I first started at the dawn of time or take different paths. This is tricky, because I find it uncomfortable to roleplay characters too different from myself (Blue Ajah, Gryffindor, with Brown and Ravenclaw as close second choices), but because I want to know All the Things, I’m hoping I can push myself out of my comfort zone a little.

That said: what Ambition do you suggest my new character pick? My main has Nemesis, so that’s out. I’d prefer the one that has the most interesting lore that you can’t get elsewhere. Suggestions, or are they all good?

I’m a fan of Light Fingers - it starts out as a lightweight heist, and ends up uncovering one of the Neath’s darkest conspiracies. Heart’s Desire is heavy on the Neathy history content, but has less of Light Fingers’ X-Files-y air of dangerous truth-seeking. Bag A Legend feels more… personal. Sure, you meet important characters, but mostly in the sense that they get in the way of, or assist, you and your quest for glory.

Light Fingers is great and there are some very interesting decisions to be made towards the end of the current content.

Bag A Legend - I really enjoyed playing this story and am really looking forward to continuing with it, things were just getting really interesting lore-wise.

Heart’s Desire is good if you want to find out more about the history of some NPCs.

Thanks!

[quote=an_ocelot]This is tricky, because I find it uncomfortable to roleplay characters too different from myself (Blue Ajah, Gryffindor, with Brown and Ravenclaw as close second choices)[/quote]Does this mean your new character is Red Ajah Slytherin?

I know that Blue & Red have a lot of personal animosity, but I’ve always thought that the real opposite of Blue was White, when it comes down to it.

(And no. I’m just going to let my new character be a bit more flexible when it comes to content that I have already done.)

SPOILERS probably.

bag a legend is very much focused on the &quotvake&quot AKA one of the masters, but the connection isn’t very obvious. the sisterhood seems to be connected to the 2nd city… and that’s about it really.

light fingers: most players think it has the most lore relating to how the bazaar works. you do get beaten up and threatened by neddy men, and the songstress had an affair with a master maybe? can’t remember clearly.

BFW edit: try to use spoiler tags for the most spoilery of your spoilers. :-)

edited by babelfishwars on 6/27/2014

not exactly related to Light Fingers, but i’ve gone quite far into the Affair Of The Box storyline. imho, i think the affair probably reveals more about the inner workings of the masters than light fingers. [spoiler]i suspect the giant diamond the size of a cow might actually be an extra large moonmiser. OR maybe some rare unterzee monster that’s made of diamonds??? anyhoo, the diamond is very obviously a McGuffin; probably not quite as important or valuable as the secrets the masters hide.[spoiler]