Moods are back

I am making my push for Courier’s Footprint and just accidentally misclicked and discarded the Mood I’ve been holding for the last 9 months. Don’t suppose anyone has seen one in the last few weeks? If I’ve literally discarded the only way to get the thing that has been my main goal for the last year, I’m not going to take it well.

I’ve still yet to get one. I do check all my cards.

These are very rare indeed. I once waited for a year and a half (of very active play) until I finally got a Mood card. (And then I got a second one within two weeks)

They are rare, yes. But I would like to get even a single report of anyone getting a Mood card since they got unlocked. I know that people who had saved them in hand could use them (I am one of those people) and so far this has been proffered as proof that they are available but has anyone actually drawn one since they had gone on their hiatus?

If people holding a card are seeing the requirements are still the same and the frequency is still the same, then from the way the engine works, they ought to still be in. My friends who play and don’t use the forum also have not seen them…

There are cards that can only be drawn in certain locations, and if you had one in your hand it wouldn’t be obvious that that hidden requirement exists. It’s totally possible for them to be usable but not drawable. (I’ve drawn one only once, shortly after I started playing in January.)

Ah true, they could accidentally or intentionally only be appearing in rarely or never used locations.

They used to be drawable everywhere. Right before they were locked, they seemed quite common actually, I used to draw one once a month at least.

This thread has now been repeatedly bumped during the last 10 days without a single forum user reporting the drawing of a Mood card since January/February. I’m pretty certain they’re not in the game currently.

Hopefully they, together with free early-game-Fate, Fate- and Notability-gifting and marriage/divorce will return as soon as the Android app is out and working!
edited by phryne on 8/27/2016

Moods are clearly intended to be back, so perhaps it’s something to report to Failbetter.

They may have disabled them again and simply forgot to mention to us.

Given Failbetter’s track record for making even minor announcements, I’d be surprised. I’ve sent in a bug report.

I asked this the other day on the subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/fallenlondon/comments/4ylvfj/any_drawing_any_mood_cards/) and got this reply from one of the developers:

&quot[color=rgb(219, 219, 219)][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can confirm that the Mood cards have been back in the game officially since 10th May, delicious friends&quot

[/font][/color]Personally, I haven’t drawn a Mood card in months, and I draw cards fairly often. Maybe they changed the rarity or something, because it’s been longer now than ever without seeing one of them.[color=rgb(219, 219, 219)][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][/color]

The rarity of at least A Little Omen is still rare.

I have just pulled a Mood Card! In the Bazaar Side-Streets, if that matters to anyone.

I…have no idea how to employ this usefully, to be honest.

That’s certainly very useful to know, thank you very much! I really do hope that it’s not a Side-Streets only card now, though…

Save it and treasure it, Teaspoon. One day you might want to get to 21 Scholar of Correspondence

[quote=Teaspoon]I have just pulled a Mood Card! In the Bazaar Side-Streets, if that matters to anyone.

I…have no idea how to employ this usefully, to be honest.[/quote]
Save it and treasure it, or use it for a short term boon. Especially useful is- assuming you want that- using it to get your renown higher than otherwise possible.

If you’re currently just grinding echoes to pass the time, the Watchful boost can be a very efficient way to rapidly sprint through the Gallery of Serpents.

It’s possible to do the most difficult expedition challenge at 100% chance, so that of course isn’t relevant for everyone.

Well what do you know, I just drew one. In the Flit, if anyone cares to know.

Good to see confirmations that they’re back. It’ll still take 6+ months for me to draw one, but oh well.

Of the rare cards, they’re certainly the rarest for me. I get A Commotion Above! and A Disgraceful Spectacle far more often.
edited by Kaijyuu on 8/31/2016