Moods are back

Looks like moods are back up! Sooner then I thought they’d be too.

Hooray! Now to not draw one for 6 months.

They were gone in the first place?

… That would certainly explain why I have not seen one in ages…

Moods have been gone for close to a month. For that period of time the cards could not be drawn and any mood cards in hand had all options locked.

Marriages are still locked though.

is that a good thing or something you’re dreading? wish me luck in following your plan regardless of wether you actually want that occurence!

[quote=Optimatum]Moods have been gone for close to a month. For that period of time the cards could not be drawn and any mood cards in hand had all options locked.

[/quote]I picked a hell of a time to go for aSotC 21… No wonder I have been waiting for so long.

Dreading the wait. I drew a couple when I first started playing the game and never again. Now I’m waiting for one for Optimizing ™.

Are moods gone yet again? Haven’t seen one since they went early in the year.

I certainly feel like they are rarer, I haven’t gotten one even on my deck-optimized main, but several other users have confirmed that they are back.

I’ve heard that they are back, but no one I know has seen one since their reported return. It’s been months since I’ve seen one.

I rarely get Mood cards when they’re around, so I can’t say I’d noticed their latest absence.

In the time moods have returned, I’ve seen the Gentleman card twice and acquired a salt weasel but not once have I seen anything for moods. I’m not sure if it’s RNG being unkind to us all or something happened at this point.

Does that answer your question? :P

(To be serious, that particular card was drawn before moods went offline. But I did draw the Dusty Bookshop card some time after they returned. Who knows though, there could be a recent bug.)

I haven’t seen any. This is getting past the usual jerkish nature of RNG to me.

It’s been a long time since I remember seeing them but I’m a bad test case. I don’t bother to mouse over the cards most of the time so even before they left I know I was accidentally discarding them thinking they were low level lodging cards or &quotA library of your very own&quot (I managed to forget they existed for years until I was working on Courier’s Footprint). It’s one of the problems that the UI has in general. If a border/image combination isn’t unique it’s easy to get tired of checking and just assume your looking at the most common version.

So what do you guys do with moods? I always get one and then I’m not really sure how I should use it. I have high stats already and I feel like I’m wasting a rare card.
edited by IgnatuStone on 8/17/2016

Use them for things that are stat dependent (robbing a rat) or high failure chance (getting an impossible theorem).

[quote=IgnatuStone]So what do you guys do with moods? I always get one and then I’m not really sure how I should use it. I have high stats already and I feel like I’m wasting a rare card.
edited by IgnatuStone on 8/17/2016[/quote]

I haven’t actually used one in a long time. Reaching Courier’s Footprint (Scholar of the Correspondence 21) is the only thing that absolutely requires one. Other than that, they’re just a nice temporary boost to a stat. For some low leveled characters, this might give them a chance to advance through something more easily.

So, can someone actually confirm drawing one in, like, the last 4 weeks? Because I haven’t seen any since very early this year…

I haven’t seen one in months, either, and I do check all of my cards to make sure I’m not throwing one out. In response to the question about what to do with them, they are also useful (and perhaps necessary) to raise Renown to high levels.