Money Making Late Game

This by itself isn’t very exciting, but if you can combine it with a few extra steps, you can start making decent cash. I usually bring wine to Port Carnelian, then sapphires to chelonate, ivory to polythreme, then claymen back to London. Pick up some red honey on the way and some port reports, and even with the starter ship each trip will net you 700-800 profit, even better if you take a few side trip for quests, intelligence etc. I imagine this trip with a merchant cruiser would be very profitable

You can fill as many as you want, I believe, but it’s one at a time. And it indeed increases Yearning, Burning.

You can fill as many as you want, I believe, but it’s one at a time. And it indeed increases Yearning, Burning.[/quote]

I think you can only do it once each time you go to shore.

I think you can only do it once each time you go to shore.[/quote]
In my current playthrough, I have but two boxes and have been filling both every time I make landfall over there. :)

An good way to make indefinitly money is also to buy as much mushroom wine as you can in fallen London for 21 echoes, then go to the empire of the hand, exchange all of it for Sacks of Darkdrop Coffe through the exchange of gifts prompt, then take all the coffee to Irem, trade them for Bale of Parabola-linen and back to london, you can sell then for 60 echoes, gaining 39 per cargo.
Since most of the locations the dark spectacled admiral are on the northern part of the map, you can retrieve strategic informations on your way back or drop by khan’s heart for vital information if your network is good enough.

[quote=Flonkite]An good way to make indefinitly money is also to buy as much mushroom wine as you can in fallen London for 21 echoes, then go to the empire of the hand, exchange all of it for Sacks of Darkdrop Coffe through the exchange of gifts prompt, then take all the coffee to Irem, trade them for Bale of Parabola-linen and back to london, you can sell then for 60 echoes, gaining 39 per cargo.
Since most of the locations the dark spectacled admiral are on the northern part of the map, you can retrieve strategic informations on your way back or drop by khan’s heart for vital information if your network is good enough.[/quote]

You’ve replied to a two year old post, your answer is superfluous.

Superfluous and redundant. Someone already suggested that exact strategy earlier in the thread.

The thread might be old but the question seems still relevent. This is what I found most profitable:

1. Get about 25 Mirrorcatch Boxes at Khan’s Shadow.

2. Fill them with sunlight on the surface via Cumaean Canal (you’ll get 4-7 Yearning, Burning per piece. You should avoid getting YB higher than 179 or you might die from exposure induced batshit-craziness).

3. Sell the boxes on the Isle of Cats or for more profit to the Blind Bruiser in London.

4. Go to Iron and Misery Co. Funging Station on Demeaux Island and Gather Supplies (you need 50 or less terror for this). Do that until you have around 50 terror. Slightly less might be a good idea so as to not incur nightmares when you return to Fallen London.

5. Go to London and sell your townhouse/mansion if you have one.

6. Sleep until either Yearning, Bearning or your terror wears off (every rest reduces 2-3 YB and 1 terror).

7. Rinse, repeat.

This is also a good way to get echoes very early in the game. All you need is some starting capital to get a few Mirrorboxes.
edited by Starfish on 10/21/2017