Moderately gooey seasonal post.

Merry Christmas, y’all.

Some of you … some of you are all right. I hope you don’t get coal. The rest of you will probably get coal, and you all thoroughly deserve it. But at least you might stay warm. Or can make faces on snowmen. Or unlock the talking goat easter egg (is it an easter egg if it’s just part of the game?) in Broken Sword II.

Um. Think I’m admitting, in as warm a way as my bitter grapefruit blood will allow me - you’re tolerable internet company, you bunch of loons. Have a good one. And if you’re having a crap one … that sucks. Christmas is a made up thing anyway, don’t place too much importance on it. My thoughts aren’t with you, as I’ll be finishing a copy-edit today, but … be well. All things will be, eventually, apparently. (Honestly, if people are having a crap one: @babelfishwars - I’ll be on and off twitter most of the day, feel free to yell at me.)

And thank you to FailBetter. (Not just Alexis, though you probably get the most crap from me/us). Yeah, you’re a business and you must serve us or else (or something), but as businesses goes you’re more human/tiger than most. FallenLondon is bazaarly good (shurrup I’ve only had one coffee), you are stupidly responsive to us, probably the most annoying (and affectionate) of your players. And the Tiger posts here when, if I’ve read correctly, he has a cub vomiting on his feet. FailBetter, you are nuts, and I’m entirely approving of it. More. MOAR.

Hope you all get a decent break. At some point. I’m going to consider rum butter for breakfast. (Brandy butter is not as nice.)

Babel

Edit: A stray question mark needed to be a full stop.
edited by babelfishwars on 1/6/2015

I think it’s less a way to prevent you from growing up and more a natural penchant for nostalgia when the nights are long and the cities full of coloured lights. Just enjoy it ^^

Also, “you’re tolerable internet company, you bunch of loons. Have a good one.” is one of the sweetest compliments I ever received on the internet. Thanks! _

[quote=streetfelineblue]I think it’s less a way to prevent you from growing up and more a natural penchant for nostalgia when the nights are long and the cities full of coloured lights. Just enjoy it ^^

Also, &quotyou’re tolerable internet company, you bunch of loons. Have a good one.&quot is one of the sweetest compliments I ever received on the internet. Thanks! _[/quote]

:-p I have a way with words.

My Internet access during the holidays was provided by my sister’s old, slow laptop, so I wasn’t around much and only read this today. A belated thank you, that was sweet, and I hope you had a nice feast and that the roast potatoes were present in abundance.