Missing Storylets as a POSI?

So I recently became a POSI. I worked hard to get there.

But then I discovered that Storylets are missing. Storylets that I like, and that I wanted to continue using. Things that let me interact with the Topsy King and his court, for example. (There are others, but this is the most annoying, as I really need to get Rats on Strings to get into the Labyrinth of the Tigers, and want to increase my Connected: Criminals at the same time - for a POSI opportunity card, at that.) My Shadowy (with negatives) should still be low enough to still see these Storylets, at least according to the Wiki.

I’m going to be terribly upset if becoming a POSI is what caused these Storylets to disappear.

Did anyone else experience similar things? Or is this just a bug I should be emailing Support about?

I was just asking a similar question in “Advice for Newer Players”. POSI is a big milestone, and there are several things I look forward to, such as applying to Dilmun. Are there any things which become much harder (or impossible) to do after becoming a PoSI, which you recommend doing pre-PoSI? (Assuming one has the stats for PoSI, and is merely choosing whether or not to take the actions which specifically lead to PoSI status.)

Most storylets are more inclined to be closed off once you’ve completed them, or if your abilities have exceeded the threshold. Being a PoSI closes off less storylets than exceeding the ability thresholds.

Well, drinking laudanum and bottles of wounds reduction isn’t quite as efficient as a PoSI.

Yes, re laudanum and tonic; on another hand, advancing various stories unlocks alternate methods of menace reduction. I am buying full bottles of Tonic, and drinking half of each full bottle, and will finish off the half-full bottles when I am PoSI.
I meant, more in terms of content and storyline. If the Urchins stop talking with me effective immediately I get listed in Slowcakes, then I’d better do any Urchin storylines before I go PoSI.

Yes, re laudanum and tonic; on another hand, advancing various stories unlocks alternate methods of menace reduction. I am buying full bottles of Tonic, and drinking half of each full bottle, and will finish off the half-full bottles when I am PoSI.
I meant, more in terms of content and storyline. If the Urchins stop talking with me effective immediately I get listed in Slowcakes, then I’d better do any Urchin storylines before I go PoSI.

Eh, I haven’t noticed any storylets disappearing because I’m PoSI. Increasing your stats has a more dramatic outcome in that regard, but it’s not like you’d stop increasing stats…

Don’t the Living Stories that boost watchful and persuasive stop working when you become POSI. At least only the shadowy one works for me now.

Either that or at a level range. I guess it’s worth getting those before getting PoSI. PoSI is generally worth it, though.

That sounds to me more like a bug than an intentional consequence.

Yeah, if nothing else because all of the living stories should’ve stopped at PoSI/100. Not just 2 of them.

I honestly don’t know why the shadowy Courier one still does when the others don’t. I don’t know if there is a stat boosting Living Story for Dangerous at higher levels. But Decipher Graffiti in Ladybones Road still gives the &quotA living story will begin soon&quot and Telling A Risque Joke in Veilgarden is a rare success but does the same. Then the resulting message for those living stories never appears in the message tab. I would also be interested to know if it is reaching a certain level or becoming POSI that stops them.

I must say it would be very useful if they were available for higher level players, it takes a lot of actions to level up to the cap and, with the Nadir, I doubt if many players stay stat capped once they get there

[li]
edited by reveurciel on 10/10/2013