Minimising Devils?

OK, I’m really just beyond done with Hell. The Devils get an enormous number of cards, none of which I have any interest in playing, and I have no intention of ever giving them my soul.[li]

So:

is there a combination of Connected: Hell and Intimate of Devils that will prevent, or at least minimise, their cards? [And if so, suggestions on how most rapidly to achieve it?]

I had hoped that I’d be able to get beyond the basic plot by repeatedly hearing out their advances and failing to succumb, but it just tells me that I have reached a cap on Intimate and hence don’t increase past 19 :(.

Thanks…

Bring your Intimate of Devils quality all the way down to 0 by repeatedly spurning them, and this will have the added benefit of lowering your Hell connection. Keep siding against Hell on all cards until you bring it down as low as you can.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, sell your soul! You’ll hardly notice it’s missing, really! You can get it back later, if you want, but the devils will never bother you again. Even spurning them completely leaves the introductory card.

For completeness’ sake, there was also a Mr. Eaten option. Now impossible, alas, but maybe not forever.
edited by Professor Nym on 4/2/2014

I think failing to rob the Brass Embassy will drop all Hell Connection. But it wastes a lot of casing and your suspicion will lead you straight to jail (not sure if you get a trial).

Me? I just sold my soul for a 312E diamond, against my better judgement as a Shephard, but it gets those damn devils away from me, and is probably the current best going price for it.

[quote=Professor Nym]On the opposite end of the spectrum, sell your soul! You’ll hardly notice it’s missing, really! You can get it back later, if you want, but the devils will never bother you again. Even spurning them completely leaves the introductory card.

For completeness’ sake, there was also a Mr. Eaten option. Now impossible, alas, but maybe not forever.
[/quote]

The card to start the Intimate of Devils story requires Hell 3. If you bring your Hell connection below that you won’t draw any cards related to it.

That certainly works too. Personally, I like to keep the Devil-Church conflict card for reducing Scandal, but other approaches are equally valid.

(All the cool kids are selling their souls, though.)

Might as well cash in your favours with them if you’re above 15 of it. Squeeze it for all its worth and then use Connection Clash (as I like to call them) cards such as Hell vs Urchin and Hell vs Church, to get rid of it for good by siding against them. Or just enough until you only get it low as you want.

I suggest using Hell vs Church more since with Urchins it gives you wound qualities. (So vindictive when preventing them from swindling a poor kid of their soul!)

If you still have some Infernal ties after cashing in and shunning your “intimate” friends you can always write something unflattering about the Great Hunt in Veilgarden. That should see them off!

Thanks, all. I hadn’t thought about cashing in the Connected - that’s an excellent plan.