Milestones for Scholar of the Correspondence?

My character just came from his exile from the Tomb-colonies but it seems that there’s more things to do at the Court. Anyways, I’m grinding Correspondence symphonies (now at around SotC 6). The grind is tedious but the extra echoes (saving up for more BDR gear) and persuasive training makes it worth the effort.[li]

Anyways, are there any SotC milestones that I should watch out for? Perhaps a decent SotC level will unlock a storyline?

I don’t think there are any full storylines unlocked at high levels of the quality at the moment. It’s used in general for access to a lot of stuff (usually needing 1 or 3), but the highest requirement I can find (10) is just for becoming a Correspondent.

[li]
Hmm… Well I’ll try to go for that level just in case. I’m quite happy with the Rat-Catcher career ladder but I guess having options wouldn’t hurt.

I might be incorrect, but I seem to remember that to get a Correspondence tattoo (when those were available after the Feast of the Rose) you needed to have SoTC 10.

The current cap seems to be at 21 and is very expensive and painful (and prestigious!) to achieve.
(If I’m wrong, I’d be very interested to know if anything higher is possible)

Oh right - that too. :) Of course by next year there might be yet another option requiring a high quality level, perhaps one rewarding those who’ve put the time and resources into getting it all the way to 21.

I think it has been worked out that unless you have a watchful destiny and a top tier watchful profession weapon or you are an Extraordinary Mind you can only get to SOTC 20. Even then you need a mood card and an ubergoat.

The other SOTC milestone I can think of is getting it high enough for &quotInvite guests from the observatory&quot to be straightforward, checking the wiki says that is SOTC 17.[li]
edited by reveurciel on 5/14/2014[/li][li]
edited by reveurciel on 5/14/2014

It is possible to get up to SOTC 21, as I managed to do it, but dang it was a slog, and I have all the Watchful I can garner (was boosted up to about Watchful 210 from Notability, have Watchful destiny and an Ubergoat). But I gotta say, even though it hasn’t unlocked anything particular for me (yet), it is pretty cool.

Which action increase your SOTC after 10?

Shadowy dealings at the University. It is expensive though, have fun:)

It is also almost certain that you will need high SotC to advance from Correspondent to Speaker (or whatever the next tier is). I doubt you’ll need to get it terribly high; you can get the “Speaker” subtitle at only level 14 I think? Beyond that it says “Listener”, which is probably just for bragging rights.

Aw… it seems that I can only do so much Correspondence Symphonies. I’m now being called to the office :(

You can refuse.

Ah thank goodness. More symphonies for all!

[li]
After grinding for an overgoat, no price scares me anymore!

I have got up as far as I can with an alt (SOTC 19) but I haven’t even started with this character yet - I only recently got my Overgoat and an Impossible Theorem. So I am now gathering the resources. But I am thinking of doing it slowly until I get an Ubergoat which will be a very long time.[li]
edited by reveurciel on 5/19/2014

[quote=HJackson][quote=lady ciel ]Shadowy dealings at the University. It is expensive though, have fun:)[/quote]After grinding for an overgoat, no price scares me anymore![/quote]For me, getting an overgoat was part of the cost getting to SOTC 21. (you definitely need an overgoat or an ubergoat).

I had to get Ubergoat to get to SOTC 21, and that was my latest grind. I started with selling Impossible Theorem :) The hardest thing was to catch a mood card.

Yeah, Mood cards are the great unknown fact in this grind - I was lucky enough to get about one a week in the penultimate steps, but now that I’m at SotC 20 and I only need one more Mood card (if I am able to manage my Wounds so tat I get the last step within one hour), I haven’t seen it anymore T.T

[quote=streetfelineblue][quote=Sigr ]I had to get Ubergoat to get to SOTC 21, and that was my latest grind. I started with selling Impossible Theorem :) The hardest thing was to catch a mood card.[/quote]Yeah, Mood cards are the great unknown fact in this grind - I was lucky enough to get about one a week in the penultimate steps, but now that I’m at SotC 20 and I only need one more Mood card (if I am able to manage my Wounds so tat I get the last step within one hour), I haven’t seen it anymore T.T[/quote]I haven’t seen any mood card in about a year and a half of intensive play (easily flipping 60-80 cards a day). And then I got two of them two weeks apart.

I’ve had similar situations. 2 months before first card, 6 weeks before the next, 3 hours until the 3rd. I hadn’t even gotten my wounds down when I flipped it XD