Menaces for (Nearly) Stat-Maxed Players

I’m really struggling to keep my menaces constantly high in order to be eligible for the whole Confessions thing. For Nightmares at least, there’s the Forgotten Quarter… but the rest is really difficult. So I wonder, how do other 200 or near-200 players go about this?

There is another thread about this somewhere but this is how I do it

For scandal from 0 to 3 put on and take off a pair of stockings; put them on again and add a modish bonnet.

For suspicion - put on and take off a pirate hat (gives +1 suspicion); go to the Forgotten Quarter and give 5 public lectures.

For wounds and nightmares - pet a starveling cat 6 times.

The other thread is:

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic9427-raising-menaces.aspx

[quote=lady ciel ]There is another thread about this somewhere but this is how I do it

For scandal from 0 to 3 put on and take off a pair of stockings; put them on again and add a modish bonnet.

For suspicion - put on and take off a pirate hat (gives +1 suspicion); go to the Forgotten Quarter and give 5 public lectures.

For wounds and nightmares - pet a starveling cat 6 times.[/quote]
Duh. I forgot about the Starveling Cat option! Thanks.

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=lady ciel ]There is another thread about this somewhere but this is how I do it

For wounds and nightmares - pet a starveling cat 6 times.[/quote]
Duh. I forgot about the Starveling Cat option! Thanks.[/quote]

Although that does require one to actually have a Starveling Cat-- a feat I have never managed.

[quote=Humblest]
Although that does require one to actually have a Starveling Cat-- a feat I have never managed.[/quote]

Well, that was remedied swiftly enough.
I shall use it to maintain menaces through the festival.

[quote=Humblest][quote=Humblest]
Although that does require one to actually have a Starveling Cat-- a feat I have never managed.[/quote]

Well, that was remedied swiftly enough.
I shall use it to maintain menaces through the festival.[/quote]

They are useful at this time of year :)

And one of my alts just got another one from taking the something on the doorstep option, first person to ask will get one via that character.

I would be delighted to provide a new home for this… lovely creature, if it is still available.

On it’s way. By the way I don’t put my alts names on the forum … they have their own lives and contacts in the Neath :)

Edit - I’ll post here again if I (or one of my alts) find another one before Hallowmas is over.
edited by reveurciel on 11/2/2014