Masquing

Has any clever explorer discovered how to push Masquing beyond Lilac’s maximum?

Fate gifts, rare successes at Devilled Hearts or dancing. That’s about it.

Joy - gifting is broken for me.

Deviled hearts?

fallenlondonbugs@failbettergames.com

There are two options in the The Perfumed Pleasure Garden storylet which provide masquing on a rare success. One is called Mr Devil’s Hearts and it’s rare success provides 2 masquing. The other is Join the Dancers and it’s rare success provides 3 masquing.

The wheel of affection provides 1 masquing on a rare success as well (in addition to an antique mystery and a memory of light), but it caps at 11 so it’s not terribly useful. It can also give you gifts of scorn, though, which can be traded in to Lilac to get you up to 26 masquing.

I am at a limit of 20 for some reason - can’t get beyond? Am I missing something?

I also have never met a lilac? Where should I look? I have been using many opp. Cards

The Feast card caps at 20. If you’re there, you’re all set to start the second week. Once the second week begins, the Lady in Lilac will appear (which answers Mstraw’s question, too, I hope), and you will be able to trade in your Feast gifts for further Masquing, up to 30. I would suggest, once you’ve scouted out what you want and what it will cost in Masquing, to spend down below 20 quickly, so that you can benefit from any further Feast cards you draw, as well as any gifts you don’t want to keep in the curio cabinet.

The Feast card caps at 20. If you’re there, you’re all set to start the second week. Once the second week begins, the Lady in Lilac will appear (which answers Mstraw’s question, too, I hope), and you will be able to trade in your Feast gifts for further Masquing, up to 30. I would suggest, once you’ve scouted out what you want and what it will cost in Masquing, to spend down below 20 quickly, so that you can benefit from any further Feast cards you draw, as well as any gifts you don’t want to keep in the curio cabinet.[/quote]

Cool - where do I find what I would like to trade for? It isn’t the same as the gifts sent is it? Thank you…I’m a bit slow at this stuff - but love it much!

This Wiki page shows all the companions available up to last year’s festival. Four new ones will be added this year that aren’t on the list (because we don’t know what they are yet):

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/An_Encounter_at_the_Feast

Bear in mind that some of the gifts that can be sent are actually well-worth keeping, rather than trading in for Masquing points.

This Wiki page shows all the companions available up to last year’s festival. Four new ones will be added this year that aren’t on the list (because we don’t know what they are yet):

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/An_Encounter_at_the_Feast

Bear in mind that some of the gifts that can be sent are actually well-worth keeping, rather than trading in for Masquing points.[/quote]

Thanks so much! Cheers and happy love day!