March Exceptional Story: Noises from Upstairs

I thought this was a nice bit of storytelling. I had all but forgotten about Cut with Moonlight (which was released three and a half years ago!). Nice to see the sunlight/moonlight trade is still alive and kicking :P

Many thanks to Azothi and Lemonadeon for their very enlightening posts! :)

Would someone be so kind and post the endings for &quotAssisting the Debunker’s moonlight ritual&quot and &quotTaking off with the boat (and the smugglers’ haul)&quot?

[quote=phryne]I thought this was a nice bit of storytelling. I had all but forgotten about Cut with Moonlight (which was released three and a half years ago!). Nice to see the sunlight/moonlight trade is still alive and kicking :P

Many thanks to Azothi and Lemonadeon for their very enlightening posts! :)

Would someone be so kind and post the endings for &quotAssisting the Debunker’s moonlight ritual&quot and &quotTaking off with the boat (and the smugglers’ haul)&quot?[/quote]

I’ve found echoes for three of the four options. Did anyone take off with the boat?

Assist the Debunker
End the Smuggling Operation
Drag the Debunker Away

Unfortunately I missed the chance to unlock the story. Don’t ask. I’m really sad about that.

When will the story become available to buy for FATE? I would love to play it.

Late to the party (as usual), but here are my impressions:

I like this one. While not directly a sequel to Cut with Moonlight, it plays like a spiritual sequel (pun only semi-intended). I very much appreciated the little nods in the text to my character’s past interaction with Sunlight and Moonlight smugglers. This is a seldom-explored part of the lore.

The atmosphere was very appropriate, and I liked the Dashing Debunker quite a bit (though I would have never made the connection to his real-world counterpart without the forum).

The premise was not fully fleshed out (who hired the Debunker?), and the ending was a bit abrupt, but, as noted, the story’s strengths are characters and atmosphere. And I always appreciate a story which provides a unique item/companion for the collection.

Personal ranking of all Exceptional Stories:

Masterpiece:

• Cricket, Anyone?

Excellent:

• Lost in Reflections[/li][li]Cut with Moonlight[/li][li]Hojotoho![/li][li]For All The Saints[/li][li]The Frequently Deceased[/li][li]The Waltz that Moved the World[/li][li]Steeped in Honey[/li][li]Flint[/li][li]All Things Must End[/li][li]Written In The Glim[/li][li]The Century Exhibition[/li][li]The Twelve-Fifteen From Moloch Street[/li][li]The Persona Engine[/li][li]Where You and I Must Go[/li][li]The Sinking Synod[/li][li]A Little Pandemonium[/li][li]The Attendants

Good:

• Noises From Upstairs[/li][li]The Murgatroyd Formula[/li][li]Lamentation Lock[/li][li]The Web of the Motherlings[/li][li]The Pentecost Predicament[/li][li]The Calendar Code[/li][li]Daylight[/li][li]The Rat-Catcher[/li][li]The Art of Murder[/li][li]The Chimney Pot Wars[/li][li]The Final Curtain[/li][li]The Magician’s Dream[/li][li]The Bones of London[/li][li]The Heart, the Devil and the Zee[/li][li]The Price of Loss

OK:

• Our Lady of Pyres[/li][li]Required Repairs[/li][li]The Clay Man’s Arm[/li][li]Five Minutes to Midday[/li][li]Discernment[/li][li]The Haunting at the Marsh House[/li][li]The Pursuit of Moths[/li][li]Factory of Favours

Meh:

• Trial and Error[/li][li]The Last Dog Society[/li][li]The Seven-Day Reign[/li][li]The Court of Cats

Terrible:

• The Stone Guest

edited by dov on 5/21/2019