Making echoes without fuss?

There are many talks about making echoes, but as far as I could tell, most requires some sort of maneuver. Sometimes I just don’t feel like doing them (especially when I have to use a smart phone), I hope to find one that I could just mindlessly try again and again. So which single action in London pays the most?

Completely impossible to answer without knowing your stats and what areas you’ve unlocked etc.

However, most of the “Unfinished business in…” options that are open to POSIs will give approx. 130ppa (if I remember correctly). They are random within a set range though.

I’d recommend the actions that costs 5-6 actions in unfinished business if you don’t want any fuss. Unfinished business averages 100+ ppa, but this depends a little on which action you take and such as well. I guess some of them might be at 130 ppa?

For no Fuss involved, i think unfinished business would be best.
something like doing the decent thing in veilgarden, perhaps, for a certain 1 echo per action with a chance of a rare success for 2.98 to 6.42 echo would be my bet.
or the prince of … in spite for average of 1.21 echoes per action, if You aren’t afraid of rewards ranging from 1 soul to 120 souls.
edited by Polybius on 10/21/2014

Yes, but the OP wants a single action that he can spam, rather than doing a carousel (as I read it, anyway).

If you get ‘A trade in souls’ with Nex/fate, and take the morally questionable option, then souls will eventually become worth 3p each via Hell’s Fence.

You can endlessly grind souls in Spite with &quotThe_prince_of…&quot storylet in unfinished business. One click gives 1-120 (massive variance, but averages out to 60 if you do it enough), so almost 180 PPA once you account for the turn-in.

I am not sure what the population of Fallen London is supposed to be, though I am reasonably sure I have taken the soul of every last one of 'em, and sold them all for…a couple of goats.
edited by yetanotherone on 10/21/2014

[quote=yetanotherone]… so almost 180 PPA once you account for the turn-in.[/quote]That depends on how many you turn in at once, assuming it costs an Action to do so.

You’re right of course, should have mentioned that - the most souls you can trade is 1000 at a time.

If the turn-in was just one action with no benefit, it’s more like 170 PPA, but you get a decent chunk of connected:hell and 2 appalling secrets (+ some heartless!), so it’s somewhere in-between. Will very occasionally give you some suspicion as well.

Also, you can save up many thousands of souls like this, and turn them all in at once, fulfilling the ‘mindlessly…again & again’ requirement.
edited by yetanotherone on 10/21/2014

I think some of the Mahogony Hall storylets pay out more than Unfinished Business on average. (Like educate lyme a bunch, and occasionally cash it in for the final reward mostly is just spamming one action repeatedly)

Although Unfinished business you can spend 5 actions at once on,if you’re not playing very actively, so.

When I just want to mindlessly grind and put 0 effort into it I go for the gang of hoodlums casing option in the flit, then cash it in for tales of terror later (which are nice for notability if you decide you want some of that later). It also feeds into my searing enigma hoarding habit. Bonus: it eats up a lot of actions (five at a time) quickly so you can spend even less time thinking about it. This is best for like, if you are playing on your mobile and only have moments to burn every action as you walk from one place to the next.

[quote=yetanotherone]
I am not sure what the population of Fallen London is supposed to be, though I am reasonably sure I have taken the soul of every last one of 'em, and sold them all for…a couple of goats.[/quote]

You are probably trading the same souls over and over, just packaged in hedge funds with increasingly better names.
edited by xKiv on 10/22/2014