Mahogany Hall Grinding

I’m currently in Mahogany Hall, building up my “Tales of Mahogany Hall” quality. What should I focus on obtaining while I’m grinding here, component-wise? I’ve built up a large store of brass, glim, and pearls; but is there anything else I should get as much of as possible? Also, will there come a time when I might be barred from the Hall, as with the Court and University?

As it stands, Mahogany Hall is always available, so focus on whatever you like - it’s a lucrative place!

Good to know! Thank you!

From a pure monetary standpoint, go after nevercold brass. You get 102 per action (More than other options for grinding ToMH), while the option gives 2 CP of ToMH.

I’ve been focusing on that and glim, with a side helping of cryptic clues. What are your thoughts on the option that lets you exchange 200 pearls for 10 inklings of identity?

As far as income goes, you’re actually LOSING money on that deal. 2 echoes of pearls for 1 echo of identities. If you need identities, you’re better off converting stolen correspondence.

That said, if you need Inklings of Identity, whether for some choice or card or, most especially, to trade in for higher levels of Rumor items… After all, Pearls (as well as Brass and other one-pence non-usable items) are really just another kind of echos and so are useless by themselves.

True, both cases. I won’t buy Inklings for the sake of selling; but I will keep the option in mind if I need them, since I can grind for pearls in the same place if I need to. Much easier than finding where to grind correspondence.

That said, if you need Inklings of Identity, whether for some choice or card or, most especially, to trade in for higher levels of Rumor items… After all, Pearls (as well as Brass and other one-pence non-usable items) are really just another kind of echos and so are useless by themselves.[/quote]

Ahh, Mahogany Hall. This has one of the best places to grind Shadowy in the game.

Think about it.

The menace you get for some of the challenges is “Plagued by a Popular Song” which, if you get it too high, you lose one of you weasels. If you make sure you have only lucky weasels that means you will lose 40 pence. If you arrange it so that the appropriate challenge(I preferred to pilfer some props myself) is risky enough(not almost impossible) you can pay for the weasels and power right through shadowy from around 98 upwards to around 130 or so(give or take) with no real problems.

I wish there was something like this for watchful or dangerous(there is something very similar to this for persuasive at Court but it’s even better as it just affects your Hedonist rating).