M_____'s B___d and Maths

I’m currently working with the Velocipede squad to max my Dangerous and get Overgoat funds via Broken Giants at the same time. I got the idea of saving 1 bottle of B.G. per carousel when I found that you can convert them to Airag with a simple card. Perhaps in a few months I can get a Tears of the Bazaar and another nice bottle of wine out of it.

1. How many Broken Giants do I technically need to get M____'s B___d? Tears?
  2. Is there a better grind out there, say of higher tier wines such as Cellars and Airag?

I believe it’s 175 Broken Giant for the tears and 875 for the blood (plus seven Notability), assuming you’re upconverting Broken Giant to Cellars of Wine and then using the Portly Sommelier’s card.

Some people like to try and get Airag via Expeditions, usually Shrine of Deep Blue Heaven, although you have only a ~13% chance of getting a bottle on each expedition. If you’re into spending lots of Fate, Gallery of Serpents gives either an Airag or a Tears half the time.

For Broken Giant, however – upconverting from Strangling Willow Absinthe gained through Affair of the Box is actually slightly faster than Velocipede Squad, and can net you some Correspondence Plaques as a bonus. You can also try drawing cards in your lodgings (and making sure you have the Rooftop Shack lodgings) since there are two cards that give a Broken Giant for one action.
edited by metasynthie on 2/22/2016

[quote=metasynthie]I believe it’s 175 Broken Giant for the tears and 875 for the blood (plus seven Notability), assuming you’re upconverting Broken Giant to Cellars of Wine and then using the Portly Sommelier’s card.

Some people like to try and get Airag via Expeditions, usually Shrine of Deep Blue Heaven, although you have only a ~13% chance of getting a bottle on each expedition. If you’re into spending lots of Fate, Gallery of Serpents gives either an Airag or a Tears half the time.

For Broken Giant, however – upconverting from Strangling Willow Absinthe gained through Affair of the Box is actually slightly faster than Velocipede Squad, and can net you some Correspondence Plaques as a bonus. You can also try drawing cards in your lodgings (and making sure you have the Rooftop Shack lodgings) since there are two cards that give a Broken Giant for one action.
edited by metasynthie on 2/22/2016[/quote]

That’s a lot of booze. Thanks :)

If you have capped watchful, you can do the expedition part of an expedition in 10 actions, and the preperation in 8.
edited by Grenem on 2/23/2016

This is interesting since I’ve maxed Watchful. I assume the 10 turns are for the buccaneering approach but what is the 8 actions for?

This is interesting since I’ve maxed Watchful. I assume the 10 turns are for the buccaneering approach but what is the 8 actions for?[/quote]
buy 4 strong backed labor, cash in each for 5 supplies. 2 actions, 5 supplies -> 8 actions, 20 supplies. even if you do this the average epa is positive, if competing with noob storylets and generally losing. But it tripples your expedition rate in comparison to the options with good epa.
edited by Grenem on 2/23/2016

Gallery of Serpents is by far the best option. It usually costs far less supplies than it seems (assuming you can betray the Ophidian Gentleman) and in the rare cases you don’t get airag/tears, you get a pair of Elemental Secrets (so 600+ Echo value.)
If not for the Fate cost it’d be the best grind in the game without a doubt, and it’s earned me two bottles of Blood so far with minimal effort.