Looking for a fun goal

Hello kind people.

So for a while now, I’ve been looking for a unique goal that appeals to me. Something that I would consider fun. A goal I had in the past was to get the Highest Amount of Sucessful Terms as Governer there is, although I expect that there are people out there now with WAY higher then 94. Of course the issue I have with that one is the options grow boring after a long enough time in the Elder Continent. But I may still persue it nonetheless.

But I wanted your thoughts on other potential goals.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

The more options I have to persue that goal the better.
I can grow bored of a oal easy, so it has to be something appealing.
No, I am unlikely to do anything that hurts myself significantly. Although I’d consider it.

You could see how many Assassin of Assassins you could obtain through the Moon League, though that is more of something to pursue on the side of another goal.

if you still don’t have enough goals to work on you could help find the rare success chances of several options in london and overzee, it does have lots of different storylets to prevent boredom

[li]Depending on what you find enjoyable, you can also make a goal that is unique to your character, and talk to other players and see if anyone has information/lore on the topic. That is a lot of fun, and much less predictable than just following a card/action ladder.

I would recommend trying to raise the Annoyance to Jack-Of-Smiles quality as high as you can. Mine is currently at two after a lot of Jack abuse. When I say a lot, I mean over fifty actions. There must be an easier way, but I can’t find one.

Try to become the greatest Master Thief in all of Fallen London and get your quality up to 20.
I think FletchrHonorama is still the highest at this point.

Or you could get your Procurer of Savage Beasts up to ridiculous levels.

You could try it with Fearsome Duelist, but Fallador is going to be hard to beat.

There is always have the most Classic short stories.

Or you could do the Fidgeting Writer and trade in your Deal with a Devil to get a bunch of Hellfarer.

One of the things I try to do is have multiple small goals, rather than one big goal.
Getting all tunnel-vision on a singular task gets repetitive and boring - which is one of the reasons I don’t have my main goal as &quotgrind for Echoes&quot.
Gotta have some variety, and other things you can do without feeling &quotthis isn’t my goal at all. I ‘should’ be doing something else here.&quot

At the moment, I have:

Grind Cryptic Clues (for Magnificent Diamonds, to go towards my next Fabulous Diamond - my main long-term goal.)
In the Empress’ Court, seduce the Barbed Wit AND Acclaimed Beauty, for that threesome. (my main short->mid-term goal.)
Gather about 5000 souls as backup, for my normal cash grind.
Visit the Tomb-Colonies for the first time (which lines up nicely with the threesome, tbh.)
Visit Polythreme, and finish a certain knife-themed storyline. (Eventual goals, but a ready alternative if I decide I want to leave London for a while.)

Similarly, while I was grinding for an Overgoat, I had 2-3 other things on my list, so that Fallen London never had to feel like a chore.

Getting burnt out on the game because you decided to do the one thing over and over is no fun. I recommend you make sure you have some variety in your goals, rather than just the one. :-)

You’re married, for gods’ sake! I’m not even sure whether it should count as adultery or just being mean to your spouse by leaving her\him\it out.

Back on the topic:
I have a rather long-termed goal of trying out every profession(i.e. getting paid for doing it) Neath has to offer. It doesn’t require much(well, any, if you have enough Notability) grinding, though not sure how fun you would consider it. And it’s not unique at all, of course.

Another goal I have set, though unlikely to start making any significant progress to it, is getting stuck in the mind of a long-dead god with Stormy-Eyed 26+ and going insane\dying. Not sure if it’s achieveable, not sure if anything fun will happen then.

Heh, I’m up to 353 Brass Rings and Hellfarer 27. I’ll likely liquidate them for a goat; it would be rather thematic.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Try to become the greatest Master Thief in all of Fallen London and get your quality up to 20.
I think FletchrHonorama is still the highest at this point.

Or you could get your Procurer of Savage Beasts up to ridiculous levels.

You could try it with Fearsome Duelist, but Fallador is going to be hard to beat.

There is always have the most Classic short stories.

Or you could do the Fidgeting Writer and trade in your Deal with a Devil to get a bunch of Hellfarer.[/quote]
FletchrHonorama doesn’t appear to have played for a while, as they’re still afflicted by the inventory not showing up bug; which means their Master Thief Quality is from when the quality was still pyramidal (much more impressive than the +1 it is now). Uhhh, that scales into Master Thief 190 in the new system.

Oh, and Alzar is the highest Hellfarer I know about.
edited by Cecil on 3/7/2016

Speaking of grinding for echoes, as Kittenpox was, I wonder who has amassed the greatest wealth? It would have to be someone who has played a very long time indeed, of course.

– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]Speaking of grinding for echoes, as Kittenpox was, I wonder who has amassed the greatest wealth? It would have to be someone who has played a very long time indeed, of course.

– Mal[/quote]

esrtweet, the character played by my real-life husband, has over 35,000 Echoes. And that’s after his purchase of Hesperidean Cider. He plays the Fidgeting Writer chain often; most of his character’s wealth comes from Coruscating Souls.

[quote=Talkes][quote=Kittenpox]
In the Empress’ Court, seduce the Barbed Wit AND Acclaimed Beauty, for that threesome. (my main short->mid-term goal.)
Visit the Tomb-Colonies for the first time (which lines up nicely with the threesome, tbh.)
[/quote]
You’re married, for gods’ sake! I’m not even sure whether it should count as adultery or just being mean to your spouse by leaving her\him\it out.[/quote]
Having been married is all well and good, but they vanished a year and a half ago. I assume the player quit, judging by the lack of echoed actions on their profile. They didn’t say a word about it to me, and I don’t expect they’ll feel left out. :-)

(Thankyou for the reminder, though - I just hadn’t gotten around to doing the divorce.)
50 Echoes, and 10 actions later… done!

Do you mean going insane / dying while in the mind of a long-dead god? Or getting to those three locations separately? If the former, the insanity part you should be able to wrangle via a Bejewelled Cane and Sporing Bonnet. Not sure about dying though.
edited by Kittenpox on 3/8/2016

I should’ve done a bit more research - it is possible and combines with the idea of getting stuck quite well as success on &quotBat’s Eye View&quot card gives wounds. So I believe you’re expected to die if you spend too much time in there, and probably something happens when you do.

A late edit for for clarity’s sake:

[quote=Kittenpox]Do you mean going insane / dying while in the mind of a long-dead god? Or getting to those three locations separately? If the former, the insanity part you should be able to wrangle via a Bejewelled Cane and Sporing Bonnet. Not sure about dying though.
edited by Kittenpox on 3/8/2016[/quote]It’s the former, obviously, as the latter doesn’t really make much sense as a non-trivial goal. Dying and going insane isn’t particularly difficult, and I’ve had a fair share of both.
edited by Talkes on 3/8/2016

Marry again! Marry often! And don’t pay for it with rats. That should be a slow-ish occupation for awhile, as I’m currently finding out.

[quote=Kittenpox][quote=Talkes][quote=Kittenpox]
[/quote]
You’re married, for gods’ sake! I’m not even sure whether it should count as adultery or just being mean to your spouse by leaving her\him\it out.[/quote]
Having been married is all well and good, but they vanished a year and a half ago. I assume the player quit, judging by the lack of echoed actions on their profile. They didn’t say a word about it to me, and I don’t expect they’ll feel left out. :-)

(Thankyou for the reminder, though - I just hadn’t gotten around to doing the divorce.)
50 Echoes, and 10 actions later… done!

Do you mean going insane / dying while in the mind of a long-dead god? Or getting to those three locations separately? If the former, the insanity part you should be able to wrangle via a Bejewelled Cane and Sporing Bonnet. Not sure about dying though.
edited by Kittenpox on 3/8/2016[/quote]

If your &quotspouse&quot left the game, you are perfectly justified in trying out the new divorce mechanic. Abandonment is generally a solid ground for divorce. :-)
edited by cathyr19355 on 3/8/2016

[quote=Kittenpox]

edited by Kittenpox on 3/8/2016[/quote]
There are things, in the mind of the god, that inflict wounds or nightmares, though oddly no suspicion nor scandal. Always on success, so very few would subcum to menaces that easily, but i don’t doubt some could. i suspect he aims to deliberately ramp those up, while inside, by succeeding at checks. 26+ means that you can’t fail checks at all- only the certain failures will actually fail and give the reward- breaking you out of the delusion in the process.
edited by Grenem on 3/8/2016