Looking for a fifth eyeless skull...

I have been collecting these while on expeditions in the Forgotten Quarter in the hopes of acquiring a ray drenched cinder, and after three weeks of nonstop toiling in the quarter I finally have four of the five that I need. Unfortunately, I am quite tired of expeditions at this point, and I would very much like to clear my hand of these wretched skull cards before I move onto something else. Thus I was wondering what the most action efficient method would be based on the current knowledge of the games RNG system would be to get the last Skull. Should I continue doing expeditions or should deal with nightmares and seek &quotCurios and Secrets in the Forgotten Quarter&quot.

I’d recommend storming through seeking curios and secrets. The results might just be as random as Unpredictable Treasures, but at least it only cost one action.

Not a scientific answer, but when I experimented with getting five skulls via seeking curios and expeditions (to deep blue heaven), I still got more of them through seeking curios.

By the way, you’ve already used one skull to open the way to the Nadir, right? If not, you’ll need six total, unless I am severely misremembering.

Seeking Curios is much faster. Seeking Curios hands out a skull on average every… 50 actions average.
Seeking Shrines of the Deep Blue Heaven is every-OUCH. Holy HELL, I just did the math-432.1 actions.

If anyone’s curious for my math, there appears to be a 5% chance (recorded 3.47%) of an Eyeless Skull from Wandering, 10% chance (recorded 9.52%) via Seeing the sights. Considering the chance of them appearing that’s 1/(0.050.2+0.10.1) actions per skull. 1942 recorded actions Seeking Curios and 31 Eyeless Skull for a recorded Eyeless Skull every 62 actions.

Deep Blue Heaven math:
((60/75)(3+150/111)+1+50/120)/3=1.63 actions per expedition supply (Tankard+111 glim per action via Lyme)
(1.62
(19-0.054)+10-10.05)0.9+(1.62(17-0.054)+9-10.05)*0.1+1+1+1 actions to finish Deep Blue Heaven

Breaking it down
Actions per supply
((docks cost/dock given)*(tankard actions+glim cost/glim per action)+cashing docks+rostygold cost/rostygold per action)/supplies given

Actions per Deep Blue
(actions per supply*(supply cost-chance of a signa sign progress)+9 bold+1 caution-a sign action surpluschance of a sign)chance of 1 progress starting Deep Blue + THE EXACT SAME THINGchance of 3 progress starting Deep Blue

[quote=Cecil ]Seeking Curios is much faster. Seeking Curios hands out a skull on average every… 50 actions average.
Seeking Shrines of the Deep Blue Heaven is every-OUCH. Holy HELL, I just did the math-432.1 actions.

If anyone’s curious for my math, there appears to be a 5% chance (recorded 3.47%) of an Eyeless Skull from Wandering, 10% chance (recorded 9.52%) via Seeing the sights. Considering the chance of them appearing that’s 1/(0.050.2+0.10.1) actions per skull. 1942 recorded actions Seeking Curios and 31 Eyeless Skull for a recorded Eyeless Skull every 62 actions.

Deep Blue Heaven math:
((60/75)(3+150/111)+1+50/120)/3=1.63 actions per expedition supply (Tankard+111 glim per action via Lyme)
(1.62
(19-0.054)+10-10.05)0.9+(1.62(17-0.054)+9-10.05)*0.1+1+1+1 actions to finish Deep Blue Heaven

Breaking it down
Actions per supply
((docks cost/dock given)*(tankard actions+glim cost/glim per action)+cashing docks+rostygold cost/rostygold per action)/supplies given

Actions per Deep Blue
(actions per supply*(supply cost-chance of a signa sign progress)+9 bold+1 caution-a sign action surpluschance of a sign)chance of 1 progress starting Deep Blue + THE EXACT SAME THINGchance of 3 progress starting Deep Blue[/quote]
No wonder i have so few eyeless skulls crowding out the good results. That is good news for me- but bad news for you.
edited by Grenem on 11/28/2015

I don’t think you can request a skull if you have one already, speaking not from experience but vile rumor. But you can get a pretty penny for them from the Revolutionaries.

– Mal

Indeed. Since I already have access to the cave of the Nadir I must find all of five of the skulls on my own. If Cecil’s calculations are correct, then I should begin wandering the quarter immediately. Thanks!

You can sell them to the bazaar… it just only returns 30, instead of 62.5 echoes.

You can also sell them directly to the Bazaar (for less). This is what I do with Eyeless Skulls, as I want nothing to do with the Liberation of Night.

Yeah, I was doing expeditions on my alt as she tries to collect enough Night Whispers and Storm Threnodies for a really big bomb, and I got a skull, sold it, got another, sold it, and got a third, all within 2 days. So I said ok, this is a sign, I’m gonna try to get another Ray Drenched Cinder just as a collectible.

I’ve done nothing but expeditions for over two weeks now and am still at 3 skulls. My hand is full of skull cards so aside from the Cave I haven’t played a card in over a week. The things we do for this game…
(Just need two more Storm Threnodies, though!)