Looking for a certain deadly gem. Just one more.

I’ve managed to get 5 Sapphires, 4 venom rubies, and many more than 5 diamonds with the help of a generous person and hunting down gems via the wiki.

I keep getting the Keen-eyed lapidary’s offer but all the wikis suggest is to buy gems as a person of some little importance. I already have the venom ruby from the smuggler, and it doesn’t seem like there are any other ways besides getting a gift of 3 gems to get 1 more. Have I missed anything?

I am very far from being able to buy them, though I could easily afford one if I were able to do so. Am I out of luck and stuck with this card in my (caneless) hand until such time as I grind to 100 in all stats?

Doesn’t that take you away from the area though, and void all cards you’re holding?

I’m holding onto the lapidary, is why I ask, heh.

It will dump your hand. Not sure of many other ways to get the gems though pre-PoSI. If you want, I believe there is a thread in one of the other forums (the Singing Mandrake) where you could request a gift of gems. Those are the only reliable ways I know of to get Venom Rubies though

Thanks for the advice, I may just hold onto it then.

I have posted in that thread and a person (who I don’t know if would want me to name them, which is why I’m not, it’s not that I’m not grateful) was kind enough to pass me such a gift already.

My last 2 visits to a certain race yielded no rubies. It seems like you may need a day trip to Mahogany Hall and spending some time at a certain jeweled booth… I know there are some random opportunities that will also (I think on the rare reward) reward you one but I don’t remember any names. You can also check this thread for more information.

I too need to seek out more of that particular gem, and while I am now capable of just buying them - the expense is a bit higher than I am used to. :)

~MF
A Lady pricing

[i]My last 2 visits to a certain race yielded no rubies

[/i]I had to do really well at the races before winning the red stuff. Persevere!

[color=00ffff]I’ve just checked - venom-rubies can definitely still be won at shroom-hopping. You have to have a very clear lead when you win to get them, though - they’re the top level of prize.[/color]

[color=00ffff]I’ve just checked - venom-rubies can definitely still be won at shroom-hopping. You have to have a very clear lead when you win to get them, though - they’re the top level of prize.[/color][/quote]

Oh! This is good to know! I thought I had remembered as much but when I was receiving sponsorship offers and still no ruby I figured the reward pool had shifted. Many thanks!

~MF

According to the Wiki, they can be gotten at mahogany hall if you’re shadowy enough to work the front of the house on Friday.
edited by AlbrechtEB on 4/22/2012