Lodging grind *HEAVY SPOILERS*

So, here’s the deal.

I want to obtain the Spires of the Bazaar lodging from the card. I don’t want to waste my Christmas business on the Spire. Getting the spires is, to me, far easier than getting an Impossible Theorem. I can get a bit of Master’s Blood by selling the location of the Cave of the Nadir to February, but I don’t want to give the Calendar Council a great big ol’ helping hand in their scheme to blow up the world. Besides, there’s no other way to get a Prince Location that I can find besides selling the location to the Spymaster. So those two are both out, leaving only the hard way.

But, so far as I can see, I need approximately 175 cellars of wine to obtain a jar of Master’s Blood. Each Tear of the Bazaar costs 7 Airags. Each Airag costs 5 Cellars of Wine. I need 5 Tears. So, 175 Cellars. The manner in which I was previously attempting to get these Cellars was by grinding up a bunch of Broken Giants from the Velocipede Squad event, giving 7 per round. At 14 actions perfect, this would translate to a Broken Giant for every two actions taken. I was planning on converting these Wines up into Cellars, which take 25 Broken Giants to get a Cellar of Wine.

Here’s the thing though.

If my math is correct (175 Cellars times 25 Broken Giants) then I will require approximately 4375 Broken Giants.

This is a lot of Broken Giants.

Further more, a one Broken Giant per two actions, this would take 8750 actions. This would take 61 days, using every single action one gets in a day. Undoubtedly, this would require much, much more time in reality, where I need to do such inconsequential things like Sleep and Work.

Now, I know that one can obtain Airags in the Quarter and Tears in the Nadir, but I was hoping to be able to get the Cellars first, and then give myself over to random chance latter. This way, I have a bunch of Wine Cellars left over in the event that I find one of either, and I don’t have to debase myself in front of the Random Number God.

Basically, what I was wondering was, is there a better way to either grind Broken Giants, or get Cellars of Wine, so that I don’t have to spend the next year doing nothing but this one thing over and over again?

There’s always the Labyrinth of Tigers option, though I doubt that it’s more efficient unless you’re already at Zee for some reason.

Authors and Mystics both get a Cellar a Week in professional payments. It helps.

It’s very slightly faster to grind up Strangling Willow Absinthe through the Affair of the Box, assuming 100% success for the challenges on both methods.

You can get a Location by giving one of the Relickers 3200 scraps, though I don’t know why you’d need one for the Bazaar upgrade. I also don’t know why you don’t want to use the Christmas method of getting one. It’s definitely far faster to grind up the necessary three Notability and cost for five pails of snow than to grind an entire MB.

I was referring to the other five card lodgings with the Theorem and the Location.

When I first started Fallen London, I took one look at the Relickers and thought “I am DEFINITELY saving these Scraps.”

My suspicions were right: the only way to get the Sanctum (without selling something utterly unique and incredibly precious) is to save up 3200 Certifiable Scraps and use them for the only trade without a clear result, with the Relicker who constantly drops hints about what that might be. I am currently staying in my Sanctum until Christmas, upon which I will complete my collection of Lodgings (minus the two mansions that are either impossible to get or horrifyingly unethical to obtain) and ascend to the Spire I really want.
[li]

In summary: there is only one way to obtain the best Lodgings: careful planning, sustained effort, and determination.
edited by Saklad5 on 10/27/2016

You are also going to need a ton of Favourable Circumstances to draw APresumptious Opprtunity for those conversions. That’s 1 per Airag, Tear, and the MB itself (the later with 7 Notablity as well). That’s some 41 draws and a ton of Notablity or some Fate.

[quote=Jules Asimov]So, here’s the deal.

I want to obtain the Spires of the Bazaar lodging from the card. I don’t want to waste my Christmas business on the Spire. Getting the spires is, to me, far easier than getting an Impossible Theorem. I can get a bit of Master’s Blood by selling the location of the Cave of the Nadir to February, but I don’t want to give the Calendar Council a great big ol’ helping hand in their scheme to blow up the world. Besides, there’s no other way to get a Prince Location that I can find besides selling the location to the Spymaster. So those two are both out, leaving only the hard way.

But, so far as I can see, I need approximately 175 cellars of wine to obtain a jar of Master’s Blood. Each Tear of the Bazaar costs 7 Airags. Each Airag costs 5 Cellars of Wine. I need 5 Tears. So, 175 Cellars. The manner in which I was previously attempting to get these Cellars was by grinding up a bunch of Broken Giants from the Velocipede Squad event, giving 7 per round. At 14 actions perfect, this would translate to a Broken Giant for every two actions taken. I was planning on converting these Wines up into Cellars, which take 25 Broken Giants to get a Cellar of Wine.

Here’s the thing though.

If my math is correct (175 Cellars times 25 Broken Giants) then I will require approximately 4375 Broken Giants.

This is a lot of Broken Giants.

Further more, a one Broken Giant per two actions, this would take 8750 actions. This would take 61 days, using every single action one gets in a day. Undoubtedly, this would require much, much more time in reality, where I need to do such inconsequential things like Sleep and Work.

Now, I know that one can obtain Airags in the Quarter and Tears in the Nadir, but I was hoping to be able to get the Cellars first, and then give myself over to random chance latter. This way, I have a bunch of Wine Cellars left over in the event that I find one of either, and I don’t have to debase myself in front of the Random Number God.

Basically, what I was wondering was, is there a better way to either grind Broken Giants, or get Cellars of Wine, so that I don’t have to spend the next year doing nothing but this one thing over and over again?[/quote]
Two things:

1. 25 bottles of Broken Giant create 5 Cellars of Wine. That’s a factor of 5 off.

2. If you spend those [Messenger’s Despair] to get PtPT: ToL then you will almost certainly get more then is necessary to acquire a Sanctum. On average it would only take 2 bottles of [Messenger’s Despair]/14 Airag/70 Cellars/350 Broken Giant.

This discounts the notability cost, but the difference in wine-grinding should more then make up the difference.

If the concern is &quotI don’t have enough Notability to buy all the lodgings this Christmas&quot, perhaps stockpiling Tales of Terror and Benthic connection now might help for a concentrated burst during Christmas will help?