Levelling from 110 - 20?

I recently became a PoSI: my stats are around 110 in Shadowy and Watchful, and it’s really difficult to find places to raise them. Wilmot’s End is too challenging for me right now. I’ve been grinding away in Mahogany Hall donning my most ludicrous hat, but it’s not terribly fun repeating storylets that I feel I’ve outgrown.

As for Watchful there’s been nothing since the University (I understand I need to acquire a ship, but the story for that is also at around Watchful 120). Most of the PoSI storylets unlocked with opportunity cards and the like are also level 120+.
Is there something I’m missing, or should I just get on with it?

I just made it over that hump in Watchful, and I’m trying to remember what was most useful- I think I finished the University around 115 or so, and Dreams of Other Places has been most of the boosting since. If you don’t mind dying, playing the Boatman at chess doubles as a fast way to reduce menace. (Very fast if you have a lot of Sudden Insights lying around from the University)

Edit: Just remembered the other big one- I’m a Shepherd of Souls, so I have a lot of Connected: the Constables for that “connections for levels” card. It’s also a good source of Implacable Detective’s Business Cards.
edited by Aspeon on 3/9/2012

[quote=MidnightJasper]I recently became a PoSI: my stats are around 110 in Shadowy and Watchful, and it’s really difficult to find places to raise them. Wilmot’s End is too challenging for me right now. I’ve been grinding away in Mahogany Hall donning my most ludicrous hat, but it’s not terribly fun repeating storylets that I feel I’ve outgrown.

As for Watchful there’s been nothing since the University (I understand I need to acquire a ship, but the story for that is also at around Watchful 120). Most of the PoSI storylets unlocked with opportunity cards and the like are also level 120+.
Is there something I’m missing, or should I just get on with it?[/quote]

Let’s see…

Dangerous can be done at the Labyrinth of Tigers, as some of the challenges don’t turn Straightforward until Dangerous 125 so you should be good to go for a while. If you’ve run out of beasts to breed, I recommend unlocking the Fate locked portion and starting a neathymon collection.

Watchful has that nifty option in Ladybones Road that gives you the time-delayed dreams storylet, use that whilst you grind your other stats. Alternatively, if you don’t mind spending Fate, Flute Street should be about the right range.

In general though, you’re best off taking this opportunity to grind up some of the PoSI gear, like a ship. By the time you’re done grinding for the items you need, you’ll likely have put on the extra few points you need to be able to take a swing at the PoSI storylets.

If you have a boat, your Watchful is the right level for Hunter’s Keep, and your Shadowy for Mutton Island.

I’d like to second the requests for storylets around Shadowy 110-120. I’m at the same place and having the same difficulty :/ (I don’t have a boat either.)

You may not have a boat, but by the time you’ve put together the components to buy a boat, you’ll probably be past 120!

Go farm for a while. If you’re farming for goods, the stats are secondary. And they’ll be rising while you do so.

Thanks for the feedback :)

After a few days of grinding with the ‘Unfinished Business’ storylets (and calculating just how much longer it would take me to get the materials I needed for my boat), I decided to sod it and went through Wilmot’s End anyway, constantly staving off Menaces. It wasn’t too difficult to raise my Shadowy, Watchful and Persuasive by a few levels through continuously attempting almost-impossible storylets, and now I am around a decent level to actually go through Wilmot’s End without it being a lose-lose game. Most essentially, it seems to be the best place for me to get the items I need for my boat, although I’m not sure about the actual efficiency.

I’m sure there’s much to be said about the uselessness of raising levels faster by continually failing (and building Menace), but for me it was more interesting at least than mindless grinding. (Most likely my opinions will change over the next 50+ runs of Wilmot’s End to get the items I need, heh.)

[quote=travellersside]You may not have a boat, but by the time you’ve put together the components to buy a boat, you’ll probably be past 120!

Go farm for a while. If you’re farming for goods, the stats are secondary. And they’ll be rising while you do so.[/quote]

Gave this a try, but the Shadowy challenges are still almost impossible (while the Watchful storylets to the same end are straightforward, which is what I’d been using). I guess I’ll put on a Ridiculous Hat to grind Shadowy up a bit on other storylets, then grind for my boat. Thanks though :D