Lacre

I managed to complete the interesting Mr. Sacks storylet, and would like to know how to get more buckets of lacre. I want to get the shell lodgings, to try and complete the set. [li]

You can get a pail from an option on the Urchins card. It used to cost 5 Storm Threnodies. Now it’s 7 and a Night Whisper. The urchins are ringing us dry as January will have the last of the lacre.

Ah, that’s a shame.

Are the rains of lacre over or will they continue until end of january?

Lacre only fell in December. You can buy some from the Urchins card - if you have their price.

This code might still work:
/a/adreamofasunderedsea[li]

[quote=Ed Rolison]This code might still work:
/a/adreamofasunderedsea[li][/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]It did for me just now, since I didn’t know about it. Thanks.
[/li]

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Ed Rolison]This code might still work:
/a/adreamofasunderedsea[li][/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]It did for me just now, since I didn’t know about it. Thanks.
[/li][/quote]

[li]

It just failed for me, but I don’t think it was supposed to.

(That is, I think there was some network weirdness going on that caused the code to be consumed without giving the reward; trying it again gave me the message that I’d already used it.)

Are you sure you didn’t get any Putting the Pieces Together: the Taste of Lacre? Seems strange that the game would think that you used a code if it didn’t also activate the code. Nothing in your messages?

[li]
I just figured out what was going on, came here to report it, and discovered this message which says the same thing:
Yes, I got an extra Taste. I was expecting an extra pail, and got confused.

Yeah, the message on that code sounds like you didn’t get any ToL, but you actually do.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to optimally manipulate my 7 ToL and 3 buckets.
Do we know decisively where the semiotic monocle technique caps out?
Or is Lacre a sufficiently precious and time-limited resource that no one wants to risk it?

(Although hopefully by end January I can buy more buckets. I happen to have ample Aeolian Screams from my days as a Trickster with which to generate Storm Threnodies, and can tolerate grinding to get the Night Whispers.)

I’m thinking a Sanctum (because the grind for scraps to a Sanctum is tedious) and a Noman (for content) and then hope for more lacre for other shinies.

[li]

Now all I have to do is figure out how to optimally manipulate my 7 ToL and 3 buckets.
Or is Lacre a sufficiently precious and time-limited resource that no one wants to risk it?

(Although hopefully by end January I can buy more buckets. I happen to have ample Aeolian Screams from my days as a Trickster with which to generate Storm Threnodies, and can tolerate grinding to get the Night Whispers.)

I’m thinking a Sanctum (because the grind for scraps to a Sanctum is tedious) and a Noman (for content) and then hope for more lacre for other shinies.

[li][/quote]
the monocle doesn’t work if you have 6 ToL or more. So 5 is optimal, since that lets you reach 8. If you buy a noman for 5, then you can examine twice to get to 8, which gets you the sanctum, but uses up all of your ToL, locking you out until next year. The pail sticks around if last year is anything to go off of, though.[/li][li]

[quote=George Maddux][quote=Humblest]

[li][/quote]
the monocle doesn’t work if you have 6 ToL or more. So 5 is optimal, since that lets you reach 8. If you buy a noman for 5, then you can examine twice to get to 8, which gets you the sanctum, but uses up all of your ToL, locking you out until next year. The pail sticks around if last year is anything to go off of, though.[/li][li][/quote]

[/li][li]Aha, many thanks. I’d seen some conflicting information about the Monocle, but now all is clear. [/li][li]Between that, the boar (I have a Surmise) and huffing it (I have one vial of Tears) I can design an optimal policy for however many buckets I end up with by late-ish January. [/li][li]
[/li][li]Come, Urchins. Sell me your lacre…[/li][li]