Jules Verne, my man.

The gentleman that got me interested in both victorian culture and science fiction was no other than the frenchman himself, Jules verne, my entire childhood was basically one long mission of finding a good translation of the complete and unabridged version of Twenty Thousand Leauges Under the Sea, which is still my favorite book. What’s your experience with Mr. Verne and his writings, do you have any favorites?

I’ve read Around the World in 80 Days and Journey to the Centre of the Earth. It’s been a while and I don’t know where my copies are any more - I suspect a trip to the library is in order!

The work of Mr. Verne is out of copyright, and is thus available through that repository of wonderful writings:[color=rgb(51, 51, 255)] [/color]Project Gutenburg. I highly recommend a trip through its archives for anyone interested in books, especially of this era.
(Please note that the name of the site is a link, but that for some reason, it is not displayed so on this forum)

edited by travellersside on 12/19/2011

[quote=travellersside]The work of Mr. Verne is out of copyright, and is thus available through that repository of wonderful writings:[color=rgb(51, 51, 255)] [/color]Project Gutenburg. I highly recommend a trip through its archives for anyone interested in books, especially of this era.
(Please note that the name of the site is a link, but that for some reason, it is not displayed so on this forum)

edited by travellersside on 12/19/2011[/quote]

Now that’s an interesting site _