Ivory Door 2018 -- A Hallowmas Confession

I doubt mine will be detected–I don’t roleplay on these Forums enough. However, I join others in thanking Lady Sapho for publishing these Confessions, in this way.

[quote=Passionario]1. It’s not Russian.
2. One of the confessions from the first batch was written by Passion.[/quote]

Re: 2. above. Is #1 Passion’s?
edited by cathyr19355 on 11/14/2018

Ah, but where’s the fun in that?

I really have no clue who wrote this one, but I love it! If there is another mad scientist in the Neath, Mel would be absolutely delighted to meet you. Perhaps drop off a card…?

Perhaps #20 could be Drake unleashing the Shade?

Just want to pop in and say that I’m loving all the confessions I’ve seen!

I second that!

Well, I’m not afraid of being wrong again! I’m going to guess that #13 is Lady Sapho herself.

And #19 could be the Six-Handed Merchant.

I have no idea who #18 is, but your fellow gay slumming aristocrat, Telemachia Lee, would like to give you a hug. Or possibly punch you on the shoulder and tell you to buck up.
edited by Aberrant Eremite on 11/14/2018

Is the guess based on the writing description or the text itself? &quotSpidery&quot and &quotinfernal contract&quot certainly bring said Merchant to mind; I am not qualified to speak to the message.

Is the guess based on the writing description or the text itself? &quotSpidery&quot and &quotinfernal contract&quot certainly bring said Merchant to mind; I am not qualified to speak to the message.[/quote]

Both! You’re right that I considered both of those. But Six also has a big secret to keep, and I know through role-play that they’re both sensitive enough and ethical enough to worry about it.

And speaking of ethical worries - I’m also going to guess that #16 is Professor Kan himself.

There’s a big secret, certainly. I just don’t know enough to comment on &quotlovers.&quot

You know, we should fix that. Friend of Six Hands, do let me know when you have an available evening.

Precisely on the money! You know him well.

[quote=Aberrant Eremite]Well, I’m not afraid of being wrong again! I’m going to guess that #13 is Lady Sapho herself.

[/quote]

On the button!

Now show us your work.

[quote=Lady Sapho Byron]

On the button!

Now show us your work.[/quote]

Sensual but not in as way that implies harm to oneself or others. Playfully scandalous but classy. Just a touch of silliness, enough to be charming but not enough to be taken less seriously. A delight in playing with words. I have a shadow of a memory of seeing that stationery somewhere before, but I could be wrong there.

In other words - I guessed! Based on vague intuitions.

It’s been some time since I’ve been able to keep up with the roleplays on the forum, but I too want to give #18 a hug. You may not currently have love on the surface, but you certainly have a sympathetic ear here with me.

18 could be Somerset Maugham! He’d be in his mid-twenties, I think. Keynes would be too young, and Turning hasn’t been born yet.

Plus he has an attraction to the working class, and a meekness that doesn’t wholly compromise his dignity … Yes, this is my guess, #18 is Somerset Maugham.
edited by Aberrant Eremite on 11/15/2018

As Maria’s friend “Spike” can attest, trying to find love in the Neath is an exercise in futility.

Hope your fate is better, #18

Yeah Caroline feels stirrings of sympathy for 18. No idea who though.

[quote=Kukapetal]As Maria’s friend &quotSpike&quot can attest, trying to find love in the Neath is an exercise in futility.

Hope your fate is better, #18[/quote]

&quotSpike&quot is Flesh-Stick? But he came across as so much calmer and more rational in Maria’s story!