I've been thinking about the seekers

Something I saw in the notes of a person driven to utter madness…

That the name spoken by a seeker might have the power to unravel everything the masters have done.

It would explain why the path of seeking is so dangerous and costly…

Though if you think about it, the city of fallen london is on the edge all the time, isn’t it?

[spoiler]If the revolutionaries manage to cause a false dawn, they will be able to enforce any law they want, and that could be unhealthy to say the least.

On the other hand, eventually the Masters will be ready to deliver the love letter to the sun, and the entire neith will burn…[/spoiler]
[color=#C2B280]Edit: please remember to tag spoilers. If you’re not sure how to, take a look at the forum rules.[/color]
edited by Flyte on 7/16/2015

I may be mistaken, but I believe that it is the New Sequence, not the revolutionaries, attempting to finish the Dawn Machine. The Revolutionaries are working toward the Liberation of Night, which could be said to be the opposite.
Nor, do I believe anywhere is said that the Neath will burn when the bazaar delivers it’s message. (though it may well leave a giant gaping hole in the cavern ceiling when it flies off to space, though we don’t really know how the Bazaar got in the Neath in the first place, North maybe?

edited by Hypersomnus on 7/16/2015

Surely being delivered to the SUN would burn though.

Okay, so it’s the new sequance, still there’s a group out there that wants to remove the laws as they are, and inflict new ones.

we’re doomed.

Doomed, and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Suddenly I don’t feel so bad anymore about Advancing the Liberation of Night

Although, if that’s what the M______'s end-goal is, then that explains a lot about a certain piece of in-game text:

Bazaar Side-streets
Respectable firms crammed into ramshackle workshops and poky offices. The rent here is astronomical. But the quick and the hungry turn profits in the shadows of the spires. Just keep your eyes off the carvings up high. And whatever you do, don’t fall in love.

Ah-ha! We now know what killed the dinosaurs!

[spoiler]

Supposedly, there will be two more cities brought to the Neath after London, before the Bazaar has enough love for that. Or something.[/spoiler]

Do not fall in love.
Do not advance the Liberation of Night.
Do not build the Dawn Machine.
Do not go North.
Do not fall into dreams.
Do not return to the surface.
Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

[quote=dragonridingsorceress]
Do not fall in love.
Do not go North.
Do not fall into dreams.
Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.[/quote]

Well, to be fair, I’ve only done maybe half of those. (Oops!)

[quote=Kittenpox][quote=dragonridingsorceress]
Do not fall in love.
Do not go North.
Do not fall into dreams.
Go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.[/quote]
Well, to be fair, I’ve only done maybe half of those. (Oops!)[/quote]

Collecting $200 mixed among those fistsful of surface currency is the one that’s really going to get you.