Item Conversions only in London?

Can you only convert items in London? For I find myself across the Zee in Polythreme acquiring Surface Silk in bulk, when I noticed that I am unable to convert it here. I was planning to Zail straight off to my destination to save some time, but if I cannot convert the silk there, then I have no choice but to return to London first. So can I only convert in London?

Seems that way.
Polythreme is one of the few places in the Underzee you have access to the Bazaar as well.
Most of the item conversion options take place in London so it really doesn’t make sense to be able to do them in Polythreme.
The Marred Mercer is in London, so you can’t really trade silk with him in Polythreme.

Thaaaat makes a stupid amount of sense. Thanks!

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]Seems that way.
Polythreme is one of the few places in the Underzee you have access to the Bazaar as well.
[/quote]

The Bazaar is out of bounds in Polythreme.

Really?
For a while there you could buy an Exception Hat and a Battered Grey Overcoat to get the Unfinished Hat and Moderately Co-operative Clothes Colony without going back to London.
But that might have just been when it first opened and everyone was over there and they didn’t want to ask everyone to go back to London to unlock all the content.

I like the idea that the Bazaar is locked there, though.

It was accessible for quite a while. At some point they locked Bazaar access, which is pretty inconvenient but not all that different from instances in one’s Ambition where you’d go someplace just to discover that you aren’t fully prepared.