Is there ever a "maximum" quality requirement?

Just a small and probably rather trivial question I failed to find answered elsewhere, unless if I specifically search every single occurrence in the wiki:

So, obviously, to get to a lot of parts of the game, you first have to advance your qualities to a minimum level. But does the opposite exist: you become so good at something that you get locked out? I understand that, for example, your starting profession will only give you qualities CP until you reach level 70 in said quality, but does this happen with any more significant consequences? I do know that there is the talkative rat that lowers your main qualities for -25, but still, I would like to know if there is a chance of something like this happening.

There are many storylets that are gated both by minimums and maximums. Yes.

The Battle for Wolfstack Docks for example.

Assuming we’re talking about the core stats (Watchful, Dangerous, Shadowy, Persuasive), there used to be a lot of these cards and storylets that were controlled like this. Most of them were replaced by ranges in the various &quotMaking Your Name&quot qualities but there are still a few kicking around. I don’t remember them all but Caligula’s Coffee House is the one I remember off the top of my head. I don’t think there’s anything really important locked this way though.

Your bigger concern should be getting too far along in stories. Going too far into the labyrinth of tigers, the court, and the university can lock you out of useful/profitable things.

What does the labyrinth locks you out of?

I believe there’s an early grind where you raise the hunt is on! And then use that to hunt a goat demon in the spite.
edited by suinicide on 8/9/2016

The Flit. Spite is home to the Rat Brigands.

Wow, I even knew it was the flit, and thought that as I typed it. No clue how spite ended up there.

Occasionally fingers hold rebellions against their masters. I’m not sure why, but I’m certain it happens to everyone.