Is there any better Shadowy equipment to find ?

My inventory currently.

Unless i’m mistaken, i’ve found and purchased the best shadowy equipment on the bazaar, in every category. Have i missed anything?

I’m sad to see that many of these items are kind of mediocre in their bonus. 5 from the mask, 6 from the suit, 8 each from the other stuff. Nothing approaching 10 that i can get for other stats sometimes.

What other options do i have for shadowy boosting equipment? Are there any interesting things to find from quests and stories?

Hmm. What is your current profession?

Spidersilk Slippers can be upgraded to +9 in the Nadir.

If you want to spend Fate setting up an Orphanage and building your scheme lets you buy a +10 shadowy companion (she also adds +10 to watchful and dangerous)

If you choose one of the shadowy professions you will and up with an item that adds more shadowy when you get to the final profession.

There’s the Tanned Mask that a friend may send you during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose (costs Fate).

Also, the Lenguals do give you +10, and are the best gloves one can buy from the Bazaar because of it (and the Bizarre bonus).

I was going to suggest Lenguals (+10 Shadowy), but it looks like you’ve already got those. This link may be useful to you, though I suspect you’re already aware of it: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowy_Items

(Also, avoid becoming ‘Espoused To’. Not at all worth the +1.)
&quot…and whatever you do, don’t fall in love.&quot
[i].

[/i]
edited by Kittenpox on 1/14/2016

Correction: [Pair of Hushed Spidersilk Slippers] can be upgraded from +8 to +9.
Don’t do what I did by taking a [Pair of Spidersilk Slippers] (+5) to the Nadir and then wondering why it doesn’t work. :-)

(While having [Kingscale Boots] is still pretty useful in its own right, especially for +BDR, for +Shadowy there is slightly better.)
edited by Kittenpox on 1/14/2016

Can anyone tell me where or when to get the fate-locked Thoroughly Cowed Pony? If not appropriate here, perhaps a PM?

I believe that was one of the options from the incarnadine fur robe.

Correct. Though if I remember correctly most of the other options were generally better, as they provided +1 B/D/R.
(I bought and used two robes this Neathmas, getting a paperweight and a tea set in the process. :3 )

Edit: The Ratwork Velocipede provides +1 Shadowy, +2 Dreaded, +2 Respectable - so unless you truly NEED that one extra point of Shadowy, it’s not really worth getting the pony. Grab the tea set instead. ^_^
edited by Kittenpox on 1/15/2016

If you’re not averse to paying Fate (and spending a large number of Echoes) there is, as mentioned, the Laconic Prodigy - a companion earned through owning an Orphanage. She is +10 Shadowy (as well as +10 Dangerous and +10 Watchful). She is very cool.

You can also get a Tanned Mask at the Feast of the Rose - again, that’s Fate, but it’s +7 Shadowy.

author at present. I don’t want a shadowy profession, it’s not my focus. heck, ii don’t want to be shadowy at all, but my ambition requires it. i’m buying up equipment to avoid having to train shadowy much

these replies are all very interesting, thank you. it seems none of this stuff is really within reach though. i’ve neeb wanting to get into the nadir for a while, but those eyeless skulls are too rare ;-;

Well… You can pay 25 Fate to change your Destiny to either Appetite, Gloom, or (for more Fate) Backstage.

For anyone who wishes to obtain Fate-locked gifts at the Feast but lacks a friend able or willing to send them, it’s actually possible to get them with only one person! For the Fate gifts only, offering them as a gift to a contact and either party canceling places the gift directly in the sender’s inventory.

For anyone who wishes to obtain Fate-locked gifts at the Feast but lacks a friend able or willing to send them, it’s actually possible to get them with only one person! For the Fate gifts only, offering them as a gift to a contact and either party canceling places the gift directly in the sender’s inventory.[/quote]
Correction: Multiple sources on the subject specifically avoid stating withdrawing is an option, and, IIRC, at least one says that is incorrect info. Verify with at least three people before risking it.
edited by Grenem on 1/15/2016

Thanks Kittenpox!

Is the Pony a pet or mode of transport? I was under the impression that it was best in slot for Shadowy.

I realise that I already have the Laconic Prodigy and the Ratwork Velocipede (and the Obdurate Stallion), so I guess getting the Pony is really a matter of being completionist. The tea set is something I wanted to get, but in a toss up between spending Fate vs. getting a free pail of snow at my first Neathmas, I chose the snow!

Correct. Though if I remember correctly most of the other options were generally better, as they provided +1 B/D/R.
(I bought and used two robes this Neathmas, getting a paperweight and a tea set in the process. :3 )

Edit: The Ratwork Velocipede provides +1 Shadowy, +2 Dreaded, +2 Respectable - so unless you truly NEED that one extra point of Shadowy, it’s not really worth getting the pony. Grab the tea set instead. ^_^
edited by Kittenpox on 1/15/2016[/quote]

The pony is a Transport.