Is my agent a slacker?

I’ve been shaking down my agent on quite a regular basis, as it looked a relatively painless way to grind surface currencies.
Since a couple of days, I’ve noticed that the pay-off is about 100-150 (ie, 50-75ppa), when I used to get about 250-300 (125-150ppa).
Am I afflicted with a bad case of RNG malice, or is anybody else experiencing the same issue ?

I’d blame the RNG, so far. That being said, may I ask why you need surface currencies?

I just got 122 x Surface Currency when robbing the drunken rat, and it reduced my Someone Is Coming by 6 CPs and the requirement is now Someone Is Coming 3 instead of 2. The winds of change are blowing.

Lately I have also had very bad luck with the Mechanics of Progress card, as my guest lectures tend to give me very low numbers of Cryptic Clues compared to the wide range between 1-260 I’d expect. Sure, occasionally I get more than 100 or 200, but in at least half the cases I get around 1-75 or so, which is unusual. Has it been changed so that the range might be the same, but it’s now weighted towards lower numbers, lowering the average? Anyone have a similar experience with that card? I’m not really up for jotting down my results every time. Not again.
edited by Gillsing on 6/18/2014[li]
edited by Gillsing on 6/18/2014

After almost two years in our fine city, I still don’t have an Overgoat… And surface currencies were just a mean to this end.

After almost two years in our fine city, I still don’t have an Overgoat… And surface currencies were just a mean to this end.[/quote]

They better than mourning candles? I’ve been grinding them. (no goat here either)

According to the first post, he used to gain 125-150 ppa, which would be inferior in terms of ppa, but for one thing it’s less demanding on real-life time as it requires 6 actions.