Is it worth doing the Deep Blue Heaven expedition?

ABSOLUTELY.

I mean, maybe I got lucky, but you can get both Night Whispers and Storm Threnodies from it, which are useful for what you’re doing. And you can get two of them at a time!

I personally would do the fidgeting writer for night whispers - purely because you’ll have more control with what you get. But these are probably not that bad either…

You burn money this way, though, and the RNG feels much more brutal. At least if you don’t get what you want from the expedition, you get SOMEthing, and you do need the Threnodies too for Bag a Legend.

I got lucky, though. My first and third expeditions gave me whispers. I’ve only succeeded far enough in the Fidgeting Writer ONCE to get whispers, but I was trying for the end.

The trick to taking the sting out of the brutality of the RNG is to stack them. When I used it to get enough Searing Enigmas for an Impossible Theorem I made it my goal to collect 50 of whichever stage I was on at the time before playing any of them. It was just as slow, but you can see just how close you are to getting what you want.