Investing in Property worthwhile?

I keep seeing all sorts of opportunities for mid-tier properties- I’m already shacked up above a book store, but I’ve been considering using my hard-won secrets just for more chances at relickery, but I have no idea how relevant relics are in the upper echelons of London- should I be investing in diverse holdings, or is one lodging enough?

Having a number of different lodgings across Fallen London does give definite advantages in joining the elite. Otherwise, as it stands, relicking is only of interest to the collector - but, that said, a collector is an enjoyable thing to be.

A delicious pondering; although I don’t believe I know of this relickery. I have chosen to pursue a wide variety of mid-range (3 card holdings) lodgings for the opportunities and connections they provide; 7 so far. I was easily able to purchase the two, or three, spoiler [color=#ffffff]which required a large stock of whispered secrets by making use of the Archaeology Expedition opportunity in the Forgotten Quarter[/color] /spoiler

Recently I have begun receiving advertisements for more luxurious accommodations which come at quite the cost but my previous purchases would not have sped the process of acquiring the new ones at any significant rate.

~MF
A Lady with rooms
edited by MaurnaFrost on 1/7/2012

@AlbrechtEB:
in later stages of the game, you will want to become a Person of Some Importance. One of the requirements therefore is to have either ALL of the “cheaper” lodgings or ONE of the very expensive kind… the decision is up to you, though I might add that the more costly lodgings allow FOUR opportunity cards in your hand instead of a mere three.
To collect scraps for the Relickers however, one can never have enough lodgings.

[quote=Wieland Burandt]@AlbrechtEB:
in later stages of the game, you will want to become a Person of Some Importance. One of the requirements therefore is to have either ALL of the “cheaper” lodgings or ONE of the very expensive kind… the decision is up to you.[/quote]

Worth noting that you can become a Person of Some Importance even faster if you have both.

Also worth noting that I don’t think you need either, you can use other opportunity cards.

When it comes to the relickers, a number of items can be acquired from them that either cannot be acquired elsewhere or are extremely difficult to acquire elsewhere. However as of yet I know of no specific purpose for most of said items. Also, even with one of the highest level housing (lease to premise at the bazaar) And every one of the lower level lodgings I find the collecting of scraps to be rather slow going. I’m saving up souls for lodgings at the Brass Embassy as well, though more for lack of something better to do than anything else.

hmmm, how do you collect scraps for the relicker by owning multiple lodgings? I have 5 or 6 different lodgings, and I’ve yet to acquire any scraps from them?

Almost all lodgings if not all lodgings unlock a unique opportunity card with several options, and one of the options almost always yields at least one scrap at a success.

Or to be more precise, no cards are actually unlocked by buying a property. However, the same card that allowed you to buy the property in the first place will have options unlocked by owning the property upon subsequent drawings of the card, at least one of which will allow you to accumulate scraps.